Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major issue, thinking of cancelling as can no longer "like" songs in Waze app

Major issue, thinking of cancelling as can no longer "like" songs in Waze app

When Using waze in my car with Spotify i can see the controls Back, Forward , Play /pause and at each end i have a lollipop icon and shuffle.

There was a Heart "like" button but this has been replaced by a lollipop icon instead , and this like button was useful for adding/creating a playlist to listen to again

How can you get rid of the lollipop icon and bring back the heart/like button? as I am thinking of cancelling my subscription over this

4 Replies

Hey @Richard_T123,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked how things look like on my end and can confirm that these are the currently visible Waze app widget items.
To possibly change this, you could either reach out to the teams at Waze, leave a Vote to this idea or you could do both!
Note: Additional information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Alternatively though, for the time being, the only workaround we can suggest is to click on 'Open Spotify' at the top of the widget, which will enlarge the song view and let you manage the song that is playing (liking it, adding it to playlists, etc.). This should best be done by a person who's not currently driving for safety reasons, which I'm sure is one of the reasons you'd like to see the heart function being more accessible.

Hope this helps! We're here for you should any questions come up 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I wonder if anybody can advise.  When I'm using Waze on my Android phone, I have Spotify playing and then hit the Spotify button I get a pull down menu showing what's currently playing and controls - but there's a weird button on the left.  When I press it the track just starts again?  Any idea what it's meant to do?

Screenshot_20240424-074239~2.jpg

Anyone?

Hey folks!

Apologies for the delayed response here. 
Take a look at the reply to the thread I'm merging your posts to, it should answer your questions for the time being.
Hopefully this will get addressed sooner rather than later 🙂 

We're here for you in case there's anything else in the meantime. Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts