Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing song on multiroom speakers

Playing song on multiroom speakers

Hello everybody,

I have two speakers in different rooms a Marshall Action II Voice WIFI and Echo Dot.

On Alexa app i have created a Multi room group with those  2 speakers (connected to the same WIFI).

Asking Alexa to play Music in that Multi room group works very well on both speakers at the same time (although it plays songs from Amazon)

My problem is Asking Alexa to play Spotify in that Multi room group: songs can be heard only on my echo dot speaker.

The same happens when i select the multi room group as audio output directly in Spotify (but if i select just one of them in Spotify, it works well on each speaker separately ).

I have tried it from Mac desktop and Samsung mobile phone and i face the same problem.

Do you have any idea what i can do to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your kind support

Guillaume from Mexico

5 Replies

Hey @galopina ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We apologize if this is causing an inconvenience. However, these types of situations are usually related to the third party device, as the"multiroom group" function is a feature of the Alexa product and not the Spotify account, also taking into account that it works when playing individually.

Unfortunately, such situations can arise, as backends (APIs) change, and might be not fully compatible with the app. It's completely natural for devices that don't get constant updates to not work properly in the long term. Please note, that we cannot influence compatibility on all devices out there, especially when it concerns third-parties and their decision to end their support for a certain product.

Hope you'll find this information useful. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Playing Spotify doesn't work, if a Soundbar is included in a multiroom group. In that case only the echo dot starts playing music (not the soundbar) and after ca. 20 seconds even the echo dot stops. Playing spotify music on a multiroom group with (only) multiple echo dots works fine. Playing spotify music only on the soundbar works fine. Playing music with "Amazon music" on a multiroom group with soundbar and echo dots works fine. I tried the following steps, but same issue:
-Restart router
-Echo devices are connected to same Wi-Fi
-Reinstall app on mobile device
-Reinstall Alexa app
-Reset Echo dot
-Relink Spotify account to Alexa app
-Recreate Multiroom group
I have a Spotify Premium account.

Exactly the same problem. Exactly. The. Same.

Well, but no one seems to be able to help 😞

well in this case the only solution is to switch to Amazon Music

Suggested posts