Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist

Playlist

I created playlist but the songs were not played according to that. Please clarify then what is the use of this app. I will listen the music in you tube .

2 Replies

Could be several reasons: (1) in the app you can choose either standard playing, i.e. starting with the first song on your playlist, or you can choose shuffle play, which will play your songs in a random order; (2) In your Settings you can choose Autoplay, which basically means that Spotify, after your last playlistsong, will play (other) songs that are similar to the songs on your playlist - personally I never choose Autoplay; (3) Another possibility could be the option in your Settings to allow (or not allow) explicit-rated content (= lyrics). There may be more reasons for the problems you're facing, but these are the obvious ones. 

Hey @Monika9,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here on our help boards.

That being said, it's important for you to take into account what is mentioned above by @PvP1. Additionally, we'd like to confirm, is your account Premium or is it on free service? Our free experience on mobile is different; keep in mind music on-demand is a Premium feature.

Free accounts work differently on desktop apps and web players; the app adds suggested tracks within the same album/playlist. This is not the same as Autoplay. You can read more about it here. Keep in mind, these recommendations are going to appear, even if you disable Autoplay or similar features within the app.

If your account is on Premium, it's possible you have some other playlist or songs in the queue ready to start playing. So, we'd recommend you check if there's something in the queue to play next. If yes, you can clear the queue, you first have to locate it by following the steps in this article. Then you can hit the Clear queue button to see if you notice any difference.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts