Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Isosceles

This is an excellent idea, badly needed! I vote for this!

(Original Post) http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Select-audio-output-device/m-p/18121#M1604

jburrow

Yes - I use a headset for skype - as soon as plug it in spotify comes out the device - Which is really annoying; I would like to be able to choose the device so i can do spotify on my big speakers, and skype on a headset at same time.

Viktor

Spotify should be ashamed that this basic feature for any audio application still hasn't been added.

ege

Here are 71 requests, first being from 3 years ago. It seems that they just won't do it. (It seems that the site is going to be shut down after the end of March, so here is a screenshot).

Smuggy

You can change your default device through the windows volume settings, right click the speaker symbol in the bottom right of your screen and select playback devices.  Then right click the one device you want to use and select "set as default device".

Should still be an option in spotify, the skype implementation is a fine example.

niklad

Skype indeed is a fine example.

Make this work on Mac (Windows perhaps too).

Thank you.

Grix

Please add this feature! It's crucial for any media player imo.

RCheesley

Also missing from the Linux version, used to be able to go to spotify:config2 in the windows version but not any more (afaik) - it's such a basic setting which folk have been requesting for YEARS.

Ruth

jkbadsberg

I vote for this, because I wish only that my music is streamed out of my HDMI connection on my iMac

Rediroph

I think beeing able to do this will never come to be..Witch is sad as it would make this program 10000X better