Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Picture on Profile

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Updated: 2016-10-20

We’re excited to finally share that you can now upload your own profile picture on Desktop. Uploading via iOS and Android to follow. The feature is slowly rolling out so if you don’t have it yet check back soon. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Comments
xelamok

Unbelievable that Spotify isn't able to deliver such a basic feature... This isn't the only one missing, still no proper way to remove duplicate from playlist.

Spotify please hire some developpers trainee to do the job if you don't have time to do it 😉

cohenfs

I do not have Spotify linked to a Facebook account since I'm not on Facebook, but not only can I not add a profile pic, I can't even have my name be my profile name. It's just the account number assigned to me by Spotify. First, I would like to be able to have my personal name rather than a number be my profile name. Second, I would like to add a profile pic. The first, for me though, is more important. 

anahidsadr

Yes! pls add this feature 

JamesForShame

This feature needs to happen.

I have question to Spotify. They told me in form that if this Idea reaches votes, Spotify will change Not Right Now to Under Consideration.

I want to be clear, I'm not doctor, but seems that your employees are unable to see. I would like to come to your office just to offer some glasses. You really need a option to see that this is idea is popular and should be worked out before Christmas time.

There is really no need for more votes, there is need for motivated developers instead.

Please contact me, I have 2 glasses already. If you need more, no problemos.

HS65

And by before Christmas time, hpguru, you probably mean 2014?

At least I hope! 

tercioglu

I will post here too.

Dear spotyfy development team, it is clear that you are either deaf or blind, proabaly DEAF and BLIND.

There are so many people who will NOT link FB accounts or who DOES NOT WANT to have a FB account.

And we still would like to see an avatar instead of a gray blob!!!!!!!

you DO NEED to CONSIDER these type of popular requests

cheers

humanbing

@Holly_A wrote:

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Obviously my idea is not new but it does seem to fall on deaf ears. Everywhere I go I am forced or unknowingly linking to Facebook and it is super annoying.  I got Spotify for the opposite reason of why I have Facebook.  Spotify is my oasis for relaxation, Facebook is the opposite of relaxation for me.  Why even have the picture option at all?  Is Spotify Facebook or is Spotify Spotify.  I thought this was going to be a shenanigan free space.  Not cool. Give us our picture option already.  Think outside of the FaceBox.
Alexscended

Capture.PNGGuess what I just left Facebook for 99 days! Hey I now I am stuck with this profile picture, why is that? No reason right?

This annoy's people. Please add this feature! 🙂

JCdotnl

Alexscended Goodluck with your 99 days of freedom!