Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you cancel and reactivate a Student Premium account?

Solved!

Can you cancel and reactivate a Student Premium account?

Hi! I'm home from college for the summer and don't use Spotify as much. Has anyone canceled and then reactivated with a student premium account?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Stormk_draws,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that with the student discount you get access to Premium Student for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. To remain subscribed, students can re-verify their eligibility once every 12 months, for a maximum of 3 additional 12 month periods.

That being explained, if you want to take a break and cancel your subscription, you can do it by following these steps. Nevertheless, take into account: If you come back to Premium and the 12 months period hasn't expired yet, you can resubscribe to Premium Student once more. You'll have access to the discount until those 12 months expired.

If the 12 months expire, you'll need to re-verify your status as a student. The key point is that you don't need to reverify if you cancel the plan, as long as you are in the window of your 12 months period. It's important to mention that the 12 months period does not pause, even if you're not paying a subscription.

I hope this clears things up. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Stormk_draws,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that with the student discount you get access to Premium Student for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. To remain subscribed, students can re-verify their eligibility once every 12 months, for a maximum of 3 additional 12 month periods.

That being explained, if you want to take a break and cancel your subscription, you can do it by following these steps. Nevertheless, take into account: If you come back to Premium and the 12 months period hasn't expired yet, you can resubscribe to Premium Student once more. You'll have access to the discount until those 12 months expired.

If the 12 months expire, you'll need to re-verify your status as a student. The key point is that you don't need to reverify if you cancel the plan, as long as you are in the window of your 12 months period. It's important to mention that the 12 months period does not pause, even if you're not paying a subscription.

I hope this clears things up. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts