Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to take over my deceased partners account?

How to take over my deceased partners account?

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

My partner died on September 9. 

Our Spotify account was registered on him. 

I have since added my own payment details, because I somehow want to keep the account. I. e, the account is still working. 

However, my partners email address, which I use for logging in, will soon be closed down. 

So, I now wonder what to do nezt:

Should I "take over" my partners account by simply change the email address to my own, and then change the rest of the personal account information. Is this even possible? If yes, is there any downside to this? 

OR, should I start a new account, and somehow transfer everything from my partners account to my own new one? 

I'm 57 years old and have no clue about technical or IT stuff, so I would really prefer the first mentioned method. 

Any suggestions, as clearly explained as possible, are welcome. 

I still have my partners mobile phone, a Motorola G82. I myself have an old Sony Xperia (but are planning to start using the Moto G82 instead). I have a fairly new laptop but hate using it - I am a "phone only" user. 

Regards, 

Aneliasan 

1 Reply

Hi,

I extend my deepest condolences for the loss of your partner. I can imagine how crucial it is to manage account access during this challenging time. Allow me to guide you through the available options to provide the support you need.

• Since you already have access to the account, you can follow the steps to change the email address and keep managing the account without issues. With this option you keep the account and listening history.
  • If you prefer a new start, you can create a new account and contact support to get help transfering the playlists you want to keep.

Please choose the option you feel more comfortable with to keep access to your music. Let me know if you have any other doubts, I'm here to help and support in any way I can.

Anyk17

Suggested posts