NEXT STEP

Suddenly getting Ads on Premium subscription

Suddenly getting Ads on Premium subscription

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

GERMANY

My Question or Issue

App confirms that I'm on the premium subscription. Since this morning, listening is interrupted by Ads. Ads are played between tracks and during podcasts. They are not part of the podcast episode, but displayed Ad 'tracks' in the Android player.

5 Replies

Hey @2212, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.
If you're still having trouble, can you let me know the make and model of the device you're experiencing this on?

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've got the same issue since today (11-12-23) multiple ads during the Joe Rogan podcast, although they are ads by Joe Rogan himself they are definitly pre recorded and not 'live' during the podcast. I'm not paying premium for this.

Same behavior after a fresh install. Running Android 13 on Samsung Galaxy S20FE.

No issues on the Windows client.

Hey folks!

Spotify Premium is a digital music service that gives you access to listen to your favorite songs without ads.
You may see ads when viewing podcasts but you should not encounter them while streaming music if you have Premium.

If this is out of order, we'd like to ask you to send us a screenshot or, in case this happens on a regular basis - a link to a video recording of this occurring so that we can alert the right folks.
Much appreciated! 🙂

@2212 @-HD- 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Screenshot attached. I also checked the same podcast on another Android tablet and there are no Ads played there.

2023-12-16-140846_002.jpg

Suggested posts