Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Import local files straight from iPhone

Import local files straight from iPhone

I know you can do Local File Discovery on the iOS app if you first connect it to a Mac or Windows computer. I was wondering if there is a way to do that directly from the iOS app? That is having local mp3 files on my iPhone and just pressing a button on the app to move them from my phones files to Your Library in Spotify. Thanks
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we can confirm this is already possible in the app 🙂 You'll find in your Settings, under Local files, the option to Show audio files from this device. With this feature you can play any of the audio files legally stored on your device. You can read more about that in this article.

Keep in mind that Spotify supports .mp3.mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A). You can read more about how this works in this article as well.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have an mp3 file in the Downloads folder of my iPhone, not my Mac or Windows device. The mp3 file is on my iPhone. Once it is there, what do I do to make it show up on the "Local Files" folder on the Spotify iOS iPhone app? And yes, the Show audio files from this device button is turned on. Thanks.

Hey @infiltrationation,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Once the option Show audio files from this device is toggled on, you should be able to find the local files stored on your mobile device within the Local Files folder in your library. For iOS devices you need to use a dedicated audio library management software for the file transfer. Check this FAQ out for full details.

Just to confirm, are you able to see the mentioned file there? If not, there are some things you can check:

• Some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify.
  • Ensure the files aren’t DRM-protected. We’d recommend reading this interesting article to find out how.

YYou can also try reinstalling the app on the affected device to see if you notice any difference. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I actually recently found a way to make this happen! If you have the mp3 or mp4 file on your phone, make sure it's in the "Files" app on your iPhone, then move that file to the "On My iPhone" location, then the "Spotify" file, and finally, the "Synced files" folder. This should let you see your downloaded track in your Local Files on Spotify on your phone!

So its in my Spotify File, but I don’t see a synced files folder. Where would that be? Thank You

Suggested posts