Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way to play both sides of a stereo recording through an iPad speaker?

Is there any way to play both sides of a stereo recording through an iPad speaker?

I love Spotify, am a premium subscriber, and use it almost every day; however, about 50% of the time, I listen on my iPad. I love that I can take my music everywhere this way. The only problem is when I listen to stereo recordings, I miss out on amazing guitar solos, vocal harmonies, and at times, half the instrumentation of the songs I'm listening to because the iPad, having only one speaker, only plays one side of the sound. This can be extremely frustrating and nigh heartbreaking at times. I know that the iPad can process stereo as stereo because if you plug earbuds or computer speakers into it, it plays as intended, but earbuds and speakers aren't often practical options for me when I'm listening. Is there any way to get the full sound through just the one iPad speaker?
1 Reply

@xrockangelx

As this is a hardware limitation, like what you said the only options as a consumer that I can come out with is to get a bluetooth stereo speaker or to use a pair or earbuds or headphone.

You can also use a dock or a line-powered stereo speaker system (like what I do) or get an Apple TV or an Airplay compatible device to play the music over to another speaker wirelessly.

Good luck.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts