Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Spotify Overseas

Playing Spotify Overseas

Hi all,

I'm a USA resident going on a mission trip to Nigeria for 17 days. I have a Verizon iPhone and was told it is unlikely my Spotify playlist will work offline in Nigeria despite that I am a Premium paying member.  I'm not too tech-savvy, but does anyone know if this is true?  If so, are there any other options for me to get it to work?  Thanks for the feedback.

Spoiler

10 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be good to go with Spotify premium whilst you are away! Probably the safest option is to download all of the content you want when you are at home, then force the application into offline mode in the settings menu. Once that is done, those playlists will be accessible on your phone without an internet connection whilst you are away. 

You do need to go online at least once every 30 days, so just be sure to let the client go into online mode again when you get home (or anytime you have a connection and want to stream!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the info Peter. I live in Australia and I'll be going to NIGERIA for 2 years in a few months. I'm glad to here I can listen to my already synced music offline being a Premium subscriber. Can I continue paying for my Premium subscription with my Aussie account while I'm away and will I be able to use Spotify radio while I'm away in NIGERIA?

@Phunshawpraz - yep, you totally can. It's worth making sure the card/payment method used on your account is valid for the entire time you're away to avoid any subscription issues, but everything else should be fine. Radio will work but it's not available offline so you'd need to have a reliable Internet connection, that's it. Enjoy Nigeria! 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi guys, I am relocating to Nigeria and would like to pay for spotify premium on my UK card , but be able to access the music through my Sonos System in Nigeria. just hoping that it will work, anybody else been through this. I have avery good Internet connection

Does the Sonos System work using Bluetooth? Either way, as long as you are connected to the internet, Spotify should work no matter what. But like Peter said, it would not be a bad idea to save all of your favorite music for offline access so you can always play them regardless of whether you are connected or not.

Hey guy's, I am heading to the USA, South and central America. Is it the same situation for these countries?

Do I need to use the same Australian sim card when going online to validate my premium subscription?

I recently went to Indonesia and wasn't able to listen to my music offline while there. Then had to download all 6g of music once I returned to Australia. Very frustrating.

Thanks for any information.

Hello Guys, I'm a Nigerian and i love the spotify app, but when i try to swith over to premium and pay, support tells me Spotify is not supported in my country and so i cannot pay. Please can this be fixed. i would like to use the Spotify Premuim feature... Thanks alot.

@de_elder It could be that you are trying to use a Nigerian card to subscribe though which is not yet supported. I think you should try visiting this website getbarter.co to get a virtual credit card which you can fund using your bank card and converting it to Dollars which you can use to do the trick. I use the virtial card to pay for any US services online and it works !Perfectamente!

This does not work for me - every time I download songs and then go overseas they all disappear - not happy with this...

Hi greetings everyone please I am artist and am having some confusion here...

Some of my fans that streams my music who are in Nigeria currently on Premium Subscription wants to travel to USA and I am asking since their account bears Nigeria once they get to Abroad will their account and streams be counted as US streams or Nigeria.

Please it is urgently need to get the correct info for them...

Suggested posts