Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue not functioning for podcasts

Queue not functioning for podcasts

Plan: Premium Duo

Device: iPhone 12 mini

Operating System: iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue:

Queue isn't functioning with podcast episodes only. Songs queue up just fine.

Behavior: Will allow podcast episodes to be added, but player simply shuts down after playing the current episode. I opened the queue to observe what happens when the current episode concludes and, instead of playing the next queued episode, it appears to instead begin doing one of two things, the first more often: it either begins cycling continuously through all episodes in the current podcast in the Next From section (see attached photos, ordered 1 and 2), or repeating the episode that just finished playing.

Troubleshooting: I did not adjust settings in any way, this began happening spontaneously, had no issues before. In addition, have tried all of the following: clear cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall, restart phone, and have looked through all settings. No dice.

Appreciate any assistance.

Screen shot 1.jpg
Screen shot 2.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @benschicago

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community 🙂

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already. Also, please provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This issue has been solved for me with the latest update, version 8.6.56.1456

Thanks!

Hey @benschicago,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We are happy to hear your issue was resolved after updating 🙂 Keeping your apps on all devices updated to the latest version is definitely the best way to go!

Reach out to us again if have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts