Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs don't play when tapped

Songs don't play when tapped

Premium

US

iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1

When I tap a song at the top of the "Liked Songs" list, it plays no problem. When I scroll down the list (I have about 12,000 songs in the library) and tap a song there, it would sometimes start playing with a huge delay (minute or two), sometimes not start at all. 

Did log out/in; reinstall. A few times.

What to do?

6 Replies

Hey @bob_bobene,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Spotify Guide. This is a throughout reinstallation, which includes clearing all app data. You'll have to re-download your offline music afterwards.

Keep in mind that the app might slow down if you have a library with thousands of songs. Especially in one place like Liked songs. If this keeps happening after the clean reinstall you might want to consider splitting up that collection into several playlists.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did that, again. Situation unchanged.  However: I notice that the newly installed application comes up for the first time with my account already logged in. Does this mean that the reinstall is not completely "clean"? 

As for your suggestion to split the collection into smaller chunks - if I wanted to do that, I'd have to invest some labour in working around another issue that won't let me select significant portions of the collection in one go. Looks like you have me trapped.

Seriously... 

Hey @bob_bobene,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you make sure to follow all the steps in the guide @Alex sent previously? We understand that it would be laborious to split your Liked Songs into smaller playlists, but that would be the best way to go in this case, as very large playlists can have this sort of impact in the app's performance.

Apologies for any inconvenience. We're always aiming to improve and we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes, I followed all the steps

Posting this to revive the thread and note that months after starting it the problem still persists: I cannot just choose a song from collection and play it. It can take minutes since the song is tapped to when it starts playing. Since this debilitates is a very basic functionality of the app, I am truly surprised it takes so long to fix this bug.

Hi there @bob_bobene,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support and ask them to remove and possible corrupt device since we're not able to do it from our end.

Let us know how everything works after that.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts