Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Volkswagen - Car play back issue

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueSo for over a week now I have been having issues playing Spotify in my car - I plug it in via USB and listen to Spotify via my media but for some reason it plays the f...

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue So for over a week now I have been having issues playing Spotify in my car - I plug ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to view albums of all followed artists sorted by release date?

On iOS, premium I've followed all my favourite artists. I'd like to listen to new releases from them, so I want to view albums of all followed artists sorted by release date. For me it's the easiest way to know if there are new releases from all the ...

• Casual Listener
  • On iOS, premium   I've followed all my favourite artists. I'd like to listen to new releases from them, so I want to view albums of all followed artists sorted by release date. For me it's the...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Discover] Notification on Albums from Artists you follow

Why isn't this standard out of the box? Idea is that everytime an Artist that you follow makes a new EP/Album or so then you get notified? I follow a lot of artists and it's not always easy to keep of with them releasing a new album, so if would be g...

• Visitor
  • Why isn't this standard out of the box? 🙂   Idea is that everytime an Artist that you follow makes a new EP/Album or so then you get notified? I follow a lot of artists and it's not always ea...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlist length time

Did they remove it again? I can't find it anywhere 

3A4B1AB6-8F47-4D95-9664-52FD81BACC85.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Did they remove it again? I can't find it anywhere  
  • sandeep60141
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Devices not connecting using iOS

I have one account - 2 phones! I like one phone to be the controller whilst other listens. since weekend Spotify won’t allow to do it. So I can use be account on two different devices under premium

• Regular
  • I have one account - 2 phones!   I like one phone to be the controller whilst other listens.  since weekend Spotify won’t allow to do it. So I can use be account on two different dev...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Developer] enhance feature queue issue

after you enhance a playlist, it wont allow us to add songs to the queue by swiping. I think this was not intentional because we can still do it by clicking on the three dots. It would be cool if this was fixed. Thanks a bunch

• Casual Listener
  • after you enhance a playlist, it wont allow us to add songs to the queue by swiping. I think this was not intentional because we can still do it by clicking on the three dots.   It would be co...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Not Playing

Hey guys, I've been using Spotify for many years now and I haven't ran into many issues that bugged me as bad as this one. Just recently, maybe a year ago, I didn't realize the app had a feature to import MP3 files and play them offline. The feature ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,  I've been using Spotify for many years now and I haven't ran into many issues that bugged me as bad as this one. Just recently, maybe a year ago, I didn't realize the app had a featu...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Missing covers and photos for albums and artists on iPhone 13 Pro Max with Spotify 8.6.66.1248

PlanPremium CountrySweden DeviceiPhone 13 Pro Max Operating SystemiOS 15.0.1 My Question or IssueAs in the title; Missing covers and photos for albums and artists in "my library list" on iPhone 13 Pro Max with Spotify 8.6.66.1248. If I open an album ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Sweden   Device iPhone 13 Pro Max   Operating System iOS 15.0.1   My Question or Issue As in the title; Missing covers and photos for albu...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Play on Computer, but not on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE 2020, HP Pavilion 15Operating SystemiOS 10, Windows 10 I have followed all the steps to add and play local files on my iPhone, all the songs are downloaded and available to play. The problem is, whenever...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE 2020, HP Pavilion 15 Operating System iOS 10, Windows 10   I have followed all the steps to add and play local files on my iP...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution CarPlay disconnects

Phone: iPhone 13 proIOS software: 15.1 latestCar: Honda and latest softwareSpotify: latest update CarPlay works with no issues as long as I don’t use Spotify. As soon as I open Spotify, CarPlay crashes and shows that I have no phone connected. If I u...

• Regular
  • Phone: iPhone 13 pro IOS software: 15.1 latest Car: Honda and latest software Spotify: latest update   CarPlay works with no issues as long as I don’t use Spotify. As soon as I open Spotify...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Developer] Progress indicator for downloading to apple watch

The progress indicator for downloading songs or podcasts to apple watch is seriously bad! Just greyed out sitting there waiting. I can tap on it to see how much has been downloaded or if there is a problem. Please improve!

• The progress indicator for downloading songs or podcasts to apple watch is seriously bad! Just greyed out sitting there waiting. I can tap on it to see how much has been downloaded or if there is a p...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Liked songs missing

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 14.8) My Question or IssueI’ve noticed over the past week or so that love hearts are appearing green next to new music even though I’ve not liked them but songs i have liked are not syncing wi...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 14.8)   My Question or Issue I’ve noticed over the past week or so that love hearts  are appearing green n...
  • Spotiprobs
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad no edit playlist button but iPhone ok

PlanFree/PremiumCountryU.K. Device(iPad)Operating System(iOS 10.) My Question or IssueUsing ipad the edit button on each playlist is missing not displaying checked iPhone and it shows and works normally.

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.K.  Device (iPad) Operating System (iOS 10.)   My Question or Issue Using ipad the edit button on each playlist is missing not displaying checked iPhon...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] Iphone 8+ refresh button cannot be pressed

When using Spotify on an Iphone 8+, when in a playlist the refresh button at the bottom of the recommended songs is hidden behind the song currently playing.

• Visitor
  • When using Spotify on an Iphone 8+, when in a playlist the refresh button at the bottom of the recommended songs is hidden behind the song currently playing.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Blend UI is too tall for my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE (iPhone 5 form factor)Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueWhen I click the new "Create a Blend" button, on the next screen the Invite button at the bottom is hidden by the bar that shows the currently playing ...

xdhmoore_0-1630464847958.png
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone SE (iPhone 5 form factor) Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue When I click the new "Create a Blend" button, on the next screen the In...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Hearting not working right

Plan = PremiumCountry = USA Device = iPhone XsOperating System = iOS 14.7.1 My Question or Issue = I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning in reverse. Meaning, when I heart a song it gets removed from my liked songs. And when I u...

• Regular
  •   Plan = Premium Country = USA   Device = iPhone Xs Operating System = iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue = I have the ability to heart songs but the app is functioning...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Ipod Spotify app shuts down during play when not actively in the app

Spotify app updated on iPod 4 days ago (9-16-21). During playback, Spotify app will stop whenever the screen is not actively showing Spotify, ie, when screen in power save, when viewing other apps, when on home screen. I have tried restarting iPod, r...

• Regular
  • Spotify app updated on iPod 4 days ago (9-16-21).  During playback, Spotify app will stop whenever the screen is not actively showing Spotify, ie, when screen in power save, when viewing other a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] fix the bugs of the new interface pls

i have often bugs when the song cover doesn’t change from previous one until i swipe it down and then up again, also some songs are signed as liked when in reality i never pressed heart button and they aren’t even in liked songs playlist. these thing...

• Visitor
  • i have often bugs when the song cover doesn’t change from previous one until i swipe it down and then up again, also some songs are signed as liked when in reality i never pressed heart button and th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Show all Album Covers for Tracks in a Playlist

On IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) the "Album Cover for each song in playlist" feature has already been included some time ago, but Spotify for Mac OS X still doesn't have it. Idea: Show the Album Cover of each Song in a Playlist, even before listening to t...

• Visitor
  • On IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) the "Album Cover for each song in playlist" feature has already been included some time ago, but Spotify for Mac OS X still doesn't have it.    Idea: Show the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[IOS] Why my spotify running in the background without i knowing it

So when i check the battery in the setting on my phone it says that spotify have run for a minute or two when i sleeping (I dont use it on any other platform that having my account on it)Anyone know the reason?Thank for reading

• So when i check the battery in the setting on my phone it says that spotify have run for a minute or two when i sleeping (I dont use it on any other platform that having my account on it) Anyone kno...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes