Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Try to play on iPad a playlist created on PC

Try to play on iPad a playlist created on PC

I imported a few CDs in Spotify (Premium plan in Canada) on my Windows PC. I successfully created a playlist with songs from these CDs. I then opened Spotify on my iPad (latest IOS) that is on the same WiFi; I did the same with my iPhone. I cannot see the new playlist on my iPad or my iPhone! How can I do this?

6 Replies

Hi @rbasque,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

To confirm, after logging in to Spotify on your iPhone and iPad using the same WiFi as your PC to sync local files, have you made sure to go to Settings 

TreyAnastasio_0-1636150403601.png 

Local Files to switch on Local audio files on your iOS devices? Note that you need to allow Spotify to find devices in the prompt that shows.

You should then be able to download the playlist of local files on your iOS devices. However, if this still doesn’t work, it’s good to first make sure that:

• You're logged in to the same account on both your desktop and mobile devices
  • The app is up-to-date on all devices
  • The Spotify app has access to your local network. Check in your iPhone/iPad settings under Spotify.

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your answer. I did what you describe and it does not work!

Hi @rbasque,

Thank you for your reply!

If possible, I would recommend trying to sync the local files playlist using a different network, such as by starting a hotspot on your mobile device and then connecting your PC and iPad to the hotspot via Wifi.

You can also try adding some songs from Spotify’s catalogue to the playlist of local files on your PC, making sure you have "Show unavailable songs in playlists" turned on in Settings, to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks again. It took a while but I finally discovered what was wrong with my setup.

My Windows PC was conneted to my router with an Ethernet cable while, obviously, my iPad and iPhone wdere on WiFi.

To make sure it can work, I disconnected  my Ethernet cable and reconnected to my network with wifi. It worked.

Not to make things a little more tricky... My audio installation is based on SONOS wireless speakers with wifi connections (no bluethooth). But, to optimize the flow of audio data, SONOS sells a Booster that I installed on my router. It automatically creates a wifi connection (called SONOS) that is separate form all other wifi connections and that allows only SONOS speakers to connect. Guess what? When I use any device (PC, iPad, iPhone) to run Spotify, I can hear the local files music from any of these devices but CANNOT hear the local files music on my SONOS! Any other music (streaming from Spotify server) works.

I guess my setup is in conflict with what I try do to. 

Any additional hints?

Richard

Hi @rbasque,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, this is an expected behavior as Spotify doesn't allow local files to be streamed via Connect to other devices, such as Sonos speakers.

However, there is currently a Closed Idea for being able to listen to local files via Connect on all platforms. I recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea, as the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks again! As you suggest, I did subscribe to the proposed idea. Unfortunatley, it has not reached the 500 vote target to be considered a priority for future release. Let's hope it will...

Regards,

Richard

Suggested posts