Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 16 Release Candidate

My Question or Issue

The volume buttons on the iPhone and iPad can be used to change the volume of the device that’s being used through Spotify Connect. On previous versions of iOS there was a real fine grained control for this, but on iOS 16 the steps are the same as the normal volume control of iOS.

Please bring back the fine grained control.

64 Replies

Hi Alex,

It seems like the problem has been solved for the biggest part.

I am now able to change the volume with the small steps like before.

The only thing that happens to me is that after I've left the Spotify app for a few minutes on my phone, the connection is lost upon return. Then I can't change the volume anymore.

Thank you!

Thanks for confirming folks!

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As said for me the problem has not been solved completely.

That looks like it's a different bug, you'll need to open another issue.

Running the latest version of Spotify app and problem has not been solved completely for me either. Volume increments going up is back to normal now, but volume increments going down jumps by 5.

iPhone 11 Pro

IOS 16.0.2

Spotify 8.7.90

Samsung Soundbar Q900T

It wasn't happening before so I'd expect it's at least related to the fix.

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know.

@ProxxiM, apart from the other issue you've mentioned, are you also seeing the same behavior described by @NovaSounds?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi MihailY,

I can not completely confirm this behaviour, what I notice:

- raising the volume is going in small steps;

- lowering the volume is going in small steps as well;

- BUT: the last part of the volume (when lowering) is changing in one large step.

Please view my screen capture for this behaviour and notice what happens when lowering the volume:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M6M1fZARCZExu6M45K6wOvn9lktNBl1y&authuser=dominique%40noesteijver....

Hello again !

I'm currently not at home, so I cannot do more thorough tests, but last time I tried to change the volume of my Samsung Soundbar Q800T from the Spotify app I noticed a similar behavior as the one @ProxxiM is reporting

- When I tried to raise the volume up it goes one by one, as intended

- But when I tried to lower it it went straight to 0 in a single press on the volume down button on my iPhone, regardless of what volume I was on (only tested with volumes levels between 8-10 as this soundbar can quickly get too loud for my neighbors)

I'm gonna post the details as well if it can help:

iPhone 11

iOS 16.1.2

Spotify 8.7.90.459

Samsung Soundbar Q800T

Exactly what happens to me too. The same behaviour is on my apple watch

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing this info. We've forwarded it to the relevant team.

@ProxxiM, can you please make sure that Background App Refresh is enabled for the Spotify app in your phone's settings?

Let us know if that helps.

MihailYModerator

Hi MihailY,

I confirm that Background App Refresh was enabled on my iPhone.

Hey @ProxxiM,

Thanks for the additional info, this has been relayed as well, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I actually want less fine grained controls. Is it possible to switch between these by yourself?

Here we go again, same problem is back ios 16.1, spotify actual version..

I'm on iOS 16.4.1 and don't have this problem. I never had it after it was fixed.

Plan

/Premium

Country

Austria

Device

iPhone SE 2020, iPad, Macbook

Operating System

iOS 17, MacOS

Hii!

Since a few days all of sudden the volume steps in spotify connect (with Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 and Sonos devices) became way too big. I’d say at least 6db when I use the volume buttons. Very annoying! I can‘t fine tune the volume anymore. I didn‘t change anything at all and it happens with all my devices. It has to be a bug because spotify connect worked pretty much flawelessly till now.

Hope you can help because this problem really compromises my music listening.

Thanks!

Same here with Samsung Q950. It was one step down or up when I press volume buttons but now it is 6 steps up or down when I use volume buttons on the phone.

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 15, iPad Air (4th)

Operating System

iOS 17.0.3

My Question or Issue

Hi, with recent update to version 8.8.80.570 volume steps becomes to big while listening on external speakers. Either it is to loud or to quite. The issue is present on iPhone 15 and iPad Air (4th) with iOS 17.0.3 and a day before Spotify update it was working well. It is still working well on iOS 16.7 with Spotify version 8.8.80.570.

Suggested posts