Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 16 Release Candidate

My Question or Issue

The volume buttons on the iPhone and iPad can be used to change the volume of the device that’s being used through Spotify Connect. On previous versions of iOS there was a real fine grained control for this, but on iOS 16 the steps are the same as the normal volume control of iOS.

Please bring back the fine grained control.

Top Answer
Yordan

Thanks for confirming folks!

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

64 Replies

I agree! Same problem is back since we stared this topic last year. Very disappointing.

And after one year exactly, same issue is back. Driving us nuts again. The latest version of Spotify using the volume buttons on iPhone forces audio volume increments in 5 steps which is either too soft or too loud. 

Spotify should at least give us the option to downgrade if they cannot get it right in the latest version.

iPhone 14 Pro

IOS 16.7.1

Spotify 8.8.82.607

Samsung Soundbar Q900T

Here we go again. **bleep**. iOS 16.7, Yamaha receiver. Jumping volume by 5 points

I recently bought the hw-q990c Soundbar. For watching movie but also for Spotify. But this is very disappointing. The volume increases too much!

I think you are misunderstanding the problem here. The problem is with the iOS Spotify app, not with your device. You can get another soundbar, but the volume will still increase too much when using Spotify.

Suggested posts