Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Your Library] Downloaded Songs Not Playing Offline

[iOS][Your Library] Downloaded Songs Not Playing Offline

Hello, I was wanting to report an issue on mobile for iPhone. I used to not have any issues, but as of last night, when I try to play certain downloaded albums offline the songs will just stay at 0:00 despite being checked off as downloaded and ready for offline play. This wasn't the case with an album I just downloaded yesterday, but seemed to affect three or four albums I used to have downloaded previously, got rid of them, and then downloaded them back. Now, when I go to download them (after removing and hitting the arrow again to re-download the tracks) they all turn green instantly as if they are being instantaneously downloaded, but when I switch my WiFi off none of the tracks in these albums play. Any idea what might cause this issue, or of a way to fix it? I've already logged in/out, tried to redownload, etc.

3 Replies

Hey there @SunlessS,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, is this also happening with songs in playlists or only with albums?

It would also be helpful to know your device's model, exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm running Spotify 8.6.54.1230 on an iPhone 6s, it happens with songs on certain albums and also the same songs in Spotify pre-generated playlists for me such as a "Rock Mix" or "Indie Mix" containing these songs, even though they appear downloaded, and most other songs in the playlists work.

Hi @SunlessS,

Thank you for your reply. 

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, please don't forget to share with us the OS version you're running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts