Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution (iPhone X) Crashing Offline

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueLast week I hiked into the mountains to backpack with my dog. When I reached our campsite, I tried to spend the day listening to a playlist and some podcasts ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue Last week I hiked into the mountains to backpack with my dog. When I reached our c...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Connect] Podcasts cast to speakers or devices don’t have the option to adjust speed

When I play a podcast on my phone at a different speed to default I have no problems however when I cast it to my google home it defaults back to 1x. I don’t have this issue connecting via bluetooth instead however it’s a bit annoying. Any workaround...

• When I play a podcast on my phone at a different speed to default I have no problems however when I cast it to my google home it defaults back to 1x. I don’t have this issue connecting via bluetooth ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Only You features are not working on my app

The Only You features (Dinner guests, Birth Chart) are not included on my appPlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePhone 12Operating SystemiOS

• Casual Listener
  • The Only You features (Dinner guests, Birth Chart) are not included on my app Plan Premium Country USA   Device Phone 12 Operating System iOS 
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs auto-playing from link received in a message.

I am having an issue where anytime I click on a song that somebody has sent me via messages on an iPhone, Facebook Messenger, etc., the song automatically plays after following the hyperlink. Is there a way to just open a song in messages and NOT hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having an issue where anytime I click on a song that somebody has sent me via messages on an iPhone, Facebook Messenger, etc., the song automatically plays after following the hyperlink. &n...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Social
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa has stopped playing my playlists or individual songs

PlanUnlimitedCountryIrelandDeviceiPadOperating SystemLatest ioS My Question or IssueHi, hope you can help me. I have had a Spotify Unlimited account for many years and have never had any difficulty linking to Alexa. Suddenly yesterday it stopped work...

• Regular
  • Plan Unlimited Country Ireland Device iPad Operating System Latest ioS   My Question or Issue Hi, hope you can help me. I have had a Spotify Unlimited account for many years and have n...
  • scurravogue
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle plays the same ten songs over and over every time

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS11My Question or IssueWhen I press shuffle play on a playlist, the same 10 or 20 songs are played over and over again. There is about 15 hours of music in the playlist, but the majority is ignored...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country NL Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS11 My Question or Issue When I press shuffle play on a playlist, the same 10 or 20 songs are played over and over again. There is...
  • jimmy-198
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    bug
    IOS 11
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login on my ipad 4th gen

I've tried numerous times, tried uninstalling app etc.. logged on with my desktop, iphone but it wont on the ipad. Its telling me that my username and password dont match a spotify account. They most certainly do as ive checked. help

• Visitor
  • I've tried numerous times, tried uninstalling app etc.. logged on with my desktop, iphone but it wont on the ipad. Its telling me that my username and password dont match a spotify account. They most...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded music will not play offline

Whats the point of Downloading music if it cannot be played offline? I downloaded tons of music to listen on a flight and while i was out of cell range. I was extremely frustrated to find out that nothing was playable with out a good internet connect...

• Whats the point of Downloading music if it cannot be played offline?   I downloaded tons of music to listen on a flight and while i was out of cell range.   I was extremely ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Playback Green Button operates in shuffle mode - can it be changed?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemIOS 13 My Question or IssueWhy does the iOS Green Playback button operate as a shuffle only playback button? Is there any way to change the behavior of the Green Playback button on the upper right whe...

spotify_ios_shuffle.jpg spotify_desktop_app.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8  Operating System IOS 13   My Question or Issue Why does the iOS Green Playback button operate as a shuffle only playback button? Is th...
  • Elena
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Green button
    shuffle playback
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution why I couldn't play a podcast

PlanPremiumCountryVietnam Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 14.0, ) My Question or IssueDear Spotify team, I'd like to report about my issue with playing any Podcast, I couldn't play any Podcast for 3 days recently. I've tried to uninstalled the a...

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 14.0, )   My Question or Issue Dear Spotify team,    I'd like to report about my issue with pla...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS Updates

PlanPremiumCountryMoroccoDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueHello, I have a question concerning the app updates on iOS. I always seem to either receive app updates very late or not at all such as the new UI player attac...

• Plan Premium Country Morocco Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a question concerning the app updates on iOS. I always seem to either...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tex inside buttons not properly aligned

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueScreenshots should be self explanatory.Some of the text inside the buttons are quite a bit off center.

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue Screenshots should be self explanatory. Some of the text inside the buttons are ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Randomly Crashes When Playing Music

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.7 My Question or IssueWhenever I play music and my phone is locked, the app will randomly crash and my music will stop playing. When I go back into the app, the Spotify logo comes...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States   Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 14.7   My Question or Issue Whenever I play music and my phone is locked, the app will randomly crash ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app crash
    Crash
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify issues on Apple Watch

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceApple Watch 6 GPSOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueA few big issues with Spotify on the Apple Watch: I have the GPS one, not cellular. Downloading to the watch took several tries...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Apple Watch 6 GPS Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue A few big issues with Spotify on the Appl...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution [Developer] How can you force downloads to Iwatch

I have all updated software on my phone and on my watch and I have the latest spotify app loaded on my I Watch 5. It downloaded about half of my podcasts and now it won't download anymore. It downloaded 4 and I have 3 more to go. It's just stuck. I h...

• Visitor
  • I have all updated software on my phone and on my watch and I have the latest spotify app loaded on my I Watch 5.  It downloaded about half of my podcasts and now it won't download anymore.&nbsp...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Not getting any push notifications

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceiPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, MacBook Air.Operating SystemLatest. My Question or IssueHi. All notification on either email and push are enabled in my account. However, I don’t get notifications. The only ones I get are emails...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, MacBook Air. Operating System Latest.   My Question or Issue Hi. All notification on either email and push are enabled in my...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • NEW ALBUMS
    new tracks
    New Update
    Notifications
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Slider is Bugged

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueI am having a problem with the Spotify iOS app where I’ll be playing a song on the app and when I go back to the app the slider starts from the be...

• Plan Premium Country United States of America Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue I am having a problem with the Spotify iOS app where I’ll be playing a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    playback
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY OFFLINE NO 3G/4G

Depois de anos usando o app premium e funcionando perfeitamente, o meu app ficou offline no 3g / 4g só fica online utilizando o wifi. Já fiz de tudo, RESET não aparelho, atualização do app e está todas as contas e adicionei novamente e nadaaa. ME AJU...

• Casual Listener
  • Depois de anos usando o app premium e funcionando perfeitamente, o meu app ficou offline no 3g / 4g só fica online utilizando o wifi. Já fiz de tudo, RESET não aparelho, atualização do app e est...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freeze on home screen

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.7.1 My Question or IssueMy Spotify app freezes in the home tab whenever I open the app. I have tried reinstalling, logging out then in, clearing safari's cache (not sure if this affects ...

spotify home.jpg spotify chrome.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.7.1   My Question or Issue My Spotify app freezes in the home tab whenever I open the app. I have tried reinstall...
  • jamesbuick
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes