downloaded songs not playing without internet connection in online mode

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Operating System

Android 7.1.2 Nougat

My Question or Issue

I don't know if this is the intended behavior (it really shouldn't be), but if I don't have an internet connection, and Spotify is in the Online mode, it won't play downloaded playlists. I don't understand why something that's already on my device needs an active connection to be played (considering the very same thing DOES play when I switch to the Offline mode).

I attached the image of what it looks like. The "No internet conneciton available" notification appears when I tap on any song or the Shuffle Play button. This is reallly inconvenient, because in order to enter Offline mode I need to go into settings which requires least 3-4 clicks (shows how incompetent Spotify's UX team is btw).

I'd just permanently switch to Offline mode IF playlists still synced. But they don't. So to be able to use Spotify and keep my playlists up to date, I'd have to constantly be switching between Offline and Online modes. Really frustrating. This kinda stuff should really be ironed out by now. Am I missing something?

Screenshot_20180921-191710.png
Who Me Too'd this topic