Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 408: Updating country in profile

Solved!

Error 408: Updating country in profile

Hi there,

I have a problem logging into my spotify premium account from the country where I live. I originally set up a free spotify account in the UK while I lived there. Since then, I have moved to the Netherlands. I recently got a family subscription for spotify premium. However, wheneverI try to log into spotify on the computer or mobile phone app it gives me error code 408: that I have exceeded my holiday days.

I have triple-checked that I have updated my account to say that I live in the Netherlands, etc. See the attached screen shots.

Is there anyone with a similar problem? I have read the standard answers to this query, but none seems to solve my particular problem, saying things like "you will never see error code 408 if you have spotify premium". In that case, what am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 11.34.31.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 11.35.14.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jlouisvdl,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @jlouisvdl

As I checked here, the error 408 is caused if your account is on Free and you're not in the country registered on your account.

But it's weird because as you mention that you're on Premium, so this shouldn't be a problem.. hmmm

It's possible that you're trying to log in on a Free account that's why you're receiving this error.

I'd suggest you to check your Spotify receipt (by searching "Spotify" in your inbox), so you can see the correct username for your Premium account. Then try to log in again using the username that you found on your receipt.

In case you forgotten your password, feel free to reset it here.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jlouisvdl,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi @jlouisvdl

As I checked here, the error 408 is caused if your account is on Free and you're not in the country registered on your account.

But it's weird because as you mention that you're on Premium, so this shouldn't be a problem.. hmmm

It's possible that you're trying to log in on a Free account that's why you're receiving this error.

I'd suggest you to check your Spotify receipt (by searching "Spotify" in your inbox), so you can see the correct username for your Premium account. Then try to log in again using the username that you found on your receipt.

In case you forgotten your password, feel free to reset it here.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

Hi @winjie,

It turns out my premium spotify account was linked to this username, but I continued to log in via facebook, which also worked but was not linked to a premium account. Hence the problem. Thanks for your help anyway. I'll mark this issue as solved.

Kind regards,

Louis

Suggested posts