Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Subscription not Canaling

Solved!

Account Subscription not Canaling

I need to Canal my account with you Spotify it been fun and I have lets of song from you but I just do not use it anuff to stay on as a subscriper. Please Canal or send instructions to do so.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to cancel your account by following the link below, and clicking on the "View your options" link underneath the label that says "Cancel your subscription."

Link to subscription page:  https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello, I was wondering if you would please help me out. i have contacted Spotify twice now while being charged a secind time since. Spotify says they will NOT refund the two charges of 9.99 i have been charged now. I don't understand this. The links on the account cancelation are highlighted from the FIRST time i canceled two months ago. I used the, as advertised, FREE Spotify on my computer after unsubscribing. APARENTLY i still had been using Premium, which i hadn't, and they (you) will not refund the money i have been charged for the use of this FREE service. Can you see why I'm frustrated with this customer service? I've been waiting almost a week now. I keep asking for a phone number so i can contact a real person and clear this up, but no answer. I dont mean to be rude, but by now i've been going in circles and getting no leway 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

You should be able to cancel your account by following the link below, and clicking on the "View your options" link underneath the label that says "Cancel your subscription."

Link to subscription page:  https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Marked as solution

Hello, I was wondering if you would please help me out. i have contacted Spotify twice now while being charged a secind time since. Spotify says they will NOT refund the two charges of 9.99 i have been charged now. I don't understand this. The links on the account cancelation are highlighted from the FIRST time i canceled two months ago. I used the, as advertised, FREE Spotify on my computer after unsubscribing. APARENTLY i still had been using Premium, which i hadn't, and they (you) will not refund the money i have been charged for the use of this FREE service. Can you see why I'm frustrated with this customer service? I've been waiting almost a week now. I keep asking for a phone number so i can contact a real person and clear this up, but no answer. I dont mean to be rude, but by now i've been going in circles and getting no leway 

Doesn't work. I go to the subscription page and there is NO option to cancel. Only status, payment and view receipts...

@kiwipaul - Is your account already cancelled or on Spotify free?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I tried to cancel it but there was no option to do so. This was because there was a mess up with Telecom who, I eventually found out - had labelled my account pending even though they sent me a text saying spotify premium was available. I then spent several hours talking to telecom and trying to log in only to be told that there were errors in logging in and to please try again later. I've been sent 6 or 7 codes to enter but none work.

Finally they have said that all is working now with spotify premium as part of my mobile package but I have yet to see that I have premium loaded on my account. All it says is try premium for free and that my premium expires in a few days. If I do this I have to enter credit card details then cancel it later. Honestly?

What is going on? Why can't telecom and spotify get their act together and actually do what they say they are going to do?

If your subscription is via a telecoms company, they need to do the leg work to upgrade your account for you I'm afraid. They can't do that if your account is currently on premium or a premium trial though, so you will most likely need to wait for your account to revert to Spotify free, then get in touch with them to upgrade you.

Peter

It is on spotify free. It has not been upgraded. I cannot get premium. I do not want to do the free trial then have the hassle of cancelling a credit card transaction, which, no doubt, will not work, then I get charged for another month then can't get a refund. There is no ability to cancel the account and start again. I have talked to telecom who say it is working but it is not.  

Why can't spotify sort it out? They have the money from me via telecom so therefore are profiting while I wait around for the service to actually arrive.....  What a mickey mouse system.

All I can suggest is you get in touch with the accounts team directly using the online contact form and see if they can work any magic to get it up and running for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts