Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked?

Solved!

Account hacked?

I was listening to music through Spotify Web player, when I got disconnected. Could not log in, invalid password. Tried password recovery through e-mail -> no recovery process e-mail arrived. I could log in with Facebook account, when I noticed that the e-mail in my profile had been changed along with the password. Now I can't change the password or e-mail because I don't know the current password.

Help! How can I change the e-mail or password now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You normally get a response in 24 hours, however some cases that require the team to do some investigation work before getting back in touch can take a little longer.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Whoever keeps accessing my account, has now been using the "Sign out everywhere" a few times. Also the **bleep** deleted my playlists and created few new ones with music I have never listened to. 😞

EDIT: Sent support tickets through 2 different forms: # 01565940 & # 01565961

EDIT2: The hacker has changed the e-mail address into dmahtieux@yahoo.fr ,which definitely is not my address, since I don't live in france nor would ever use Yahoo e-mail service. 😛

Hi there,

I can confirm that your case is in the right hands. Please bear with us, one of our advisors will be back in touch as soon as they can.
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

In which time zone does the support work at and whats the average wait time on a account issue? Days? I also replied to the automated mail I received from filling the form (read that here on the forums that it could speed up the process).

Hello @ozilon welcome to the spotify community!

Usually it will take a few hours, however since @Jamie has assisted on this issue, they will speed it up.. I have known that support agents work around the world to reply your request, most recently from Cambridge, UK previously.. So be patient, they will be with you.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Marked as solution

You normally get a response in 24 hours, however some cases that require the team to do some investigation work before getting back in touch can take a little longer.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts