Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account in Canada trough sneak preview doesn't work

Account in Canada trough sneak preview doesn't work

Hi,

this is what I wrote to the support team but I got an email telling me to ask here...

a couple of weeks ago, I created an account trough a code I got for Canadian listeners (it was a sneak preview thing). I was very happy to finally be able to use Spotify in Canada. However, when I created my account, my country was set to USA. At first, I thought it was normal (since it was a preview for Canada) and I didn't make much of it.

Now I can't use Spotify on my desktop or mobile devices. I get the message that I can't use Spotify abroad for more than 14 days. I asked my friend (who also got a code a couple of weeks ago) if his country was USA or Canada. Turns out he has Canada. I tried to change country but the option is locked up.

Is there something I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hello!

When you received an automated reply, did you reply directly to that? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Spotify support will be able to make the change manually for you. Quickest way to get in touch is normally via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well, no, the reply address was no-reply@spotify.com so I figured it would do nothing. I was surprised to see that all they did was to tell me to ask in the forums. That wasn't very helpful.

I'll try the twitter route, then, thanks Peter.

Suggested posts