Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All payment methods are failing.

Solved!

All payment methods are failing.

I'm trying to sign up for the 30 day Premium trial.  I've tried VISA and Paypal payment methods and it keeps saying Payment failed.  I've tried several times.  I've also used both these payment methods on several other online services and they work.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

VISA works now.  The reason it failed was because Spotify foolishly assumed I was living in the UK.  I had never entered this in my account so not sure why it was doing that.  Frustrating experience to be honest.  Anyway, it's done for now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

VISA works now.  The reason it failed was because Spotify foolishly assumed I was living in the UK.  I had never entered this in my account so not sure why it was doing that.  Frustrating experience to be honest.  Anyway, it's done for now.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When you first register, or change your country, Spotify will set your country based on where it thinks your IP address is located. Its not an exact science, but it works well most of the time.

Glad its working anyway!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Says I should try again. If not I should go and ask here. 

I've been trying to sign up for Premium for a couple weeks and I get the message Payment Failed. Check FAQ or Community, etc for help. I've filled out contact form but never heard back. I would really like to receive this service but it doesn't seem to want my business. Using an Android Mobile device. Only way for me to connect to internet.

What type of card are you trying to use? 

Peter

Peter

Visa

Does your card meet all of the requirements outlined here

Peter

Peter

Yes

Suggested posts