Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

But I don't want to log in on Facebook

But I don't want to log in on Facebook

I can't log into my account. Every time I put in my email address for a password reset, it tells me it looks like I'm trying to log in with facebook. I'm not! Help!

2 Replies

Hey @hankstewart,

Can you please try logging in with your username and password, instead of your email address and password?

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. This is trying to Log in to Spotify through a web browser, not the app itself.

So I use the App on my laptop majority of the time, but on the odd occasion and actually quite often, it will pause partway through playing and will say that "account is used elsewhere" so I exit out of the app, open a window browser and go to the Spotify site. I am never able to login through the site this way because it doesn't accept my email address as a log in with my password. It says I'm using Facebook Credentials so need to change my password etc through "facebook.com" i click on it takes me to my FB page and I update the password. I have done this a few time already and I still can never log in through a browser using email address. HOw do I change this, because I can't remember the 11-digit Spotify number username, I have to be logged into see my account details to get ithat Spotify 'username' anyway. How do I change it so I can just login using my email address and password that I have set it up with? even when I click the option "use Facebook to Log in" it still doesn't work. Really frustrating!! and the only reason I want to log in this way is to be able to get into my account sentting without having the paused 'Spotify" app open so I can "log out of everywhere" to stop the whole pausing thing, which is another frustrating thing!

HELP!

Regards,

Stephanie

Suggested posts