Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change account details (location)

Solved!

Can't change account details (location)

I don't know why Spotify has signed me up as living in the US, problem is even by editing payment methods (as they suggest) I am unable to change my location, and now Spotify won't play nomore because it sees me as "abroad".

Trying contacting support, they replied immediately asking questions and then disappeared.

It's been almosta a week now, I can't play it and they won't reply to my emails anymore.

WTF?

142 Replies

Hi Sam.

Sorry but I haven´t recieved any mails. Checked all my mail inboxes including spam folders!? Did you use my hotmail account? Could you please resend? 🙂

Thanks! 🙂 Mille

Ah really? Well that's rubbish. I sent the email to 'millebn@hotmail.com', the email listed in your account. Do you no longer use this? Is there another email address you'd like me to send it to?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes I've checked that one too.... 😕 strange!

try: milleb2001@yahoo.dk  instead

Just sent another. Hopefully the email will go through this time. Fingers crossed.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Not either. Perhaps all emails are delayed. Wanted to send you a personal mess. not possible. Last shot: millebn@gmail.com

Sent another. This should come through without any problems. I have faith.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello!

I have the same problem here. I moved from Finland to the UK and haven't been using Spotify since. Have tried adding a payment method too. Doesn't work. Can you help me? I miss Spotify!

Hi Khushnush, 

I've just taken a look at your account and it's registered in the United Kingdom. Let me know if you're still having trouble logging in and I'll send you an email. 

i have the same problem, i want to change my location from the Netherlands to Belgium but i don't have a credit card, so i can not give up my payment details. How can i change my location?

Hi Ice -- Have a look in your inbox as I've just sent you an email. If you could confirm those details we can sort this out for you. 

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. 

I cannot  change my country from Finland to Netherlands, I tried adding a payment option to my account, which would be PayPal, but that is also asking for a credit card that I don't have.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

I am unable to renew my payment method and postal code to Sweden after I've been living in Norway for a while. When I am trying to change my country to "Sweden" it is just saying that I need to renew my payment method (because I used to have Spotify Premium). When I lived in Norway I used to pay with my Norwegian credit card so now I am trying to change it to my Swedish card instead but  that's not working and I don't understand why.. I don't want to subscribe to premium, I just want the regular one but apparently need to renew my payment method either way? As an affect of this I am unable to go online because I need to go online in Norway, and I am not there.. Right now.

Need some help!

Thanks ahead guys!

Hi Heidin, 

Updating your payment details with your Swedish card will change your country settings to Sweden--allowing you to keep listening to Spotify. 

Don't worry, we won't charge you for this update and you aren't required to upgrade your account. I recommend making sure your Swedish card meets all of these requirements before you upgrade the details.

If you're still unable to update this details, I recommend getting in touch with our support team via the contact form.

I have the excactly same problem with my account!

Can't use my account after moving from the States to Denmark.

I tried entering my payment details and changed my country, but I still can't stream from Spotify.

Did you guys figure it out??? 🙂

Same problem here. 

I created my spotify account when I was in Sweden for my studies and now that Spotify arived to Belgium I would like tu use my account in Belgium but impossible to change my location. 

Thanks in advance! 

Ksbojer-- I can see that your account now registered in Denmark that you've entered payment details

Pleincoeur - You can also change the country in your account to Belgium but updating your payment into with your Belgian card. I recommend making sure your card meets all of our requirements before giving it another try (especially being open for e-commerce and foreign transactions). 

Hi Meredith,

Could you help me out on my problem as well? I posted it earlier in this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Phann91- Please have a look in your inbox--I've just sent an email your way. 

Users that wish to change the country in their account (but don't have a credit card) should get in touch with our support team. 

Just go to About > Contact at the bottom of the page. 

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I created my account in the UK. Now I've moved to Belgium permanently, and I can't change my profile. I tried adding the payment method as suggested, but I don't have a card which is accepted by the system, so it doesn't work.

Who should I contact to sort this out? Is it possible to keep using spotify?

Thanks for the help

Emilie

Emilie - I've just sent you an email. We just need a few details.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts