Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login

Solved!

Can't login

Hi

I'm using FB credentials to login, I can log in to FB and I'm automatically logged into the Spotify page but when I use the same details (copy-paste) the spotify app tells me "The username or password is incorrect"

What am I doing wrong?

Rgds

Rob

76 Replies

Hi

I used to have a spotify account linked to facebook. I deactivated facebook and re-signed up with the same email address. It works fine on my phone and mac mini but every time I try to log in with my laptop it says a firewall is blocking access (error 404) but also reactivates my facebook account. 

I have tried reinstalling spotify but no luck.

Please help!

@bessandrews - If you are logging into a non-Facebook account, you need to log in using your Spotify username (which you pick when you signup) to log in, not your email address (since email addresses always login via Facebook).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I upgraded to the 30-day Premium Trial then could not login the the iOS Spotify app. It just keeps loading - turns and turns. Tried both Facebook login and manual login. Also tried restarting the device and re-installing the app.

I was able to login before the upgrade and everything works fine.

Please help!

Mouse

Thanks Peter, that worked!

Cheers

Bess

@mouseroars - Are you connecting via the mobile network or using WiFi? Would you be able to try a different connection? 

What version of iOS are you using? 

Peter

Peter

I purchased a new PC and wanted to download the Spotify app to, but I can't login to download it.  I've had a premium account for over a year and have several divices that I use every day.  Withing the last few month I added a Roku box and it logs in fine.  I tried using my email address to login, but I get an unusable character error for the "@".  I try using the user name that was assigned to my account (its just a number), but that doesn't work either.  I must say I'm perplexed why all my devices can log in just fine, but I can't login to the website.

Marked as solution

You need to login via Facebook if you normally login using an email address. 😉

You can also download the client directly from:
http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter

I've never had a facebook page linked to that email address.

Thanks for the link.  I'll give that a try.

Hi,

I use my facebook credentials to lock into spotify. Now I can't log into spotify neither on facebook nor on my computer. I tried changing the password and I reinstalled the app. Neither worked. Any idea what I could do?

Hey there, 

I am trying to jog in using facebook on my phone and computer and I keep getting an error message with my account login info saying the "login failed".  I've entered in the right username and password.

Shouldn't you be using an email address and not a username for a facebook login?

On your computer, if you go to Facebook.com and select "Music" from the left hand menu - clicking on any Spotify link should open the desktop player with your account logged in.

Peter

I have the same problem... I can login with my facebook account on spotifys website but not with the spotify program on my computer.
How did you get a sms with the code?

If you have two factor authentication enabled on Facebook, easiest way to get logged into Spotify is to set an app password over on Facebook and use that to log into Spotify:

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&section=per_app_passwords&view

Peter

Hi,

Im from sweden but right now im in australia. Im trying to login on my smartphone but it keeps saying that im trying to login from another country and yes i do but it wont work.

Why?

maybe you can help. I can't log into my account, daniel9487, and I just purchased premium. And using the forgot password link won't help because the email tied to my profile is having its own issues. is there a way to edit the current email with a more reliable one. Or have a reset link sent to an alternative email?

I have already sent two service request with no help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Suggested posts