Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't register my new emailadress??

Solved!

Can't register my new emailadress??

I tried to register my new email because I wanted to get those emails about upcoming releases, but when I did, it said that another account was already registered in that emailadress. That's very strange, because it is my very own emailadress and I have no other Spotifyaccount. Now what can I do???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi 94matildab- Is that other email address linked to your Facebook account? If so you may have unknowingly created another account linked to FB and that email. 

In order to check I'll need to know the new email address. If you post it here I'll be sure to delete it as soon as we have this sorted. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you! Yes, it is indeed. Here it is: m*******@gmail.com

Marked as solution

Hi EricvdH - Thanks for that info--I've now removed the duplicate account you had linked to that email. 

You can now change your Premium account to your preferred email, no problem. Just head over to your 'Edit Profile' page. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.  

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi 94matildab- Is that other email address linked to your Facebook account? If so you may have unknowingly created another account linked to FB and that email. 

In order to check I'll need to know the new email address. If you post it here I'll be sure to delete it as soon as we have this sorted. 

Marked as solution

Thank you! Yes, it is indeed. Here it is: m*******@gmail.com

Hi 94matildab- Thanks for that. You had in fact made another account but we've sorted that all out for you. 

Please try changing your email again--you shouldn't have any trouble this time. 

Hi Meredith,

I have exactly the same problem. I was not on facebook and created an account to get to Spotify.

This was very confusing and in the end we used an older spotify account (with an old emailadress) and upgraded to Premium.  

I want my emailadress back to be used with that older acount so I get all the good tuff in the right mailbox.

Can I put my addres on this forum ? (never done forums before).

Thanks a bunch !!!

Eric

Hi EricvdH - If you're comfortable posting your email here I can see you've opened another account. I'll then edit your post and remove your address. 

Your other option is going via our contact form. A member of our support team can then help you via email. 

Hi Meredith: yes that is correct and to that account I want this email address to be assigned: s******@gmail.com. Thanks so much !!

Marked as solution

Hi EricvdH - Thanks for that info--I've now removed the duplicate account you had linked to that email. 

You can now change your Premium account to your preferred email, no problem. Just head over to your 'Edit Profile' page. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.  

Perfect , all good, thanks Meredith !!

Hey - I have a question.

So I downloaded spotify about two years ago when I still lived in the UK. A year ago I moved to Austria, but wasn't able to change my country, so it wouldn't let me use spotify anymore. When the connecting thing with facebook came up I created a new account as I just love spotify.
As christmas time is coming up I wanted to play my christmas folder, but as it is in the old account I don't have any access. Just now I saw that I could change the country, but it won't let me as it says the same email is already used in another account. Now I'm confused. Is there any possibility that I can have access to my old account?

Hi student333- Sure, you can definitely have access to that old account. We'll just need to confirm some details which is best not done on a public forum. 

Drop us an email via the contact form (be sure to include the details for both accounts). You'll have those tunes in time for the Christmas holidays. 

Same problem... Can you release my email so I can create a new account (without facebook)?

I am having the same problem. The email with the duplicate account is: ricobanza@live.com.pt

Would you please remove it?

Suggested posts