Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unfollow a playlist.

Solved!

Can't unfollow a playlist.

I've been trying to unfollow the playlist multiple times and it still appears as if I'm following it. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@etrolle wrote:

Im having the same trouble with unfollowing a playlist with top tracks of a friend, Ive tried both on webplayer and app, please help! 

Hey @etrolle 🙂 

Its not the first time I have seen issues with Top Track playlists not being able to be removed. If you could drop support an email using this form they will be able to manually remove it from your account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

"Tell support" should hardly qualify as worthy of the label "Problem solved!" especially if support is not responsive.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @sescoto 🙂 

Can you try unfollowing it from the web player

Peter

Peter

Im having the same trouble with unfollowing a playlist with top tracks of a friend, Ive tried both on webplayer and app, please help! 

Marked as solution

@etrolle wrote:

Hey @etrolle 🙂 

Its not the first time I have seen issues with Top Track playlists not being able to be removed. If you could drop support an email using this form they will be able to manually remove it from your account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hello!

I'm having the same bug here...

on my desktop app, I can't unfollow a "top tracks" playlist.

I mean, I can press the button "unfollow" but then the playlist comes back.

So I tried with the web player and there, the "unwanted" playlist doesn't show up.

I'm on a mac (10.7.5) using Spotify (0.9.4.185.g7545a404).

Hey @luciobarra ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to force remove that playlist for you. 

Peter

Peter

I have been trying to unfollow two playlists for many months. Each time I unfollow the playlists dissappear and then return a few seconds later. I've unfollowed both users but still their playlists reappear....please help! thanks

Are those top tracks playlists?
If so get in touch as outlined above and a member of the team can manually remove them for you.

Peter

I can't`t remove a top track list from my spotify. Please help, so annoying!

I assume it's one you followed. Just get in touch here and ask for it to be removed.

Hey @Peter,

I contact spotift but no one has responded to my ticket and the playlist keeps re-appearing.

From the form you've posted the link to, what category should i put this issue under, none of the given choices really correspond to this type of problem and i feel like my request was burried in the system 😕

thanks!

~George

They all go to the same team, as long as you reply directly to the automated email reply you should definitely get a response from a member of the team.

Peter

Marked as solution

"Tell support" should hardly qualify as worthy of the label "Problem solved!" especially if support is not responsive.

Hey @Peter

I have a playlist that won't let me unfollow. It's name is 'Loading...' and on the desktop I press unfollow and it just doesn't go. On the web player i go on to the playlist to click unollow, the page says something went wrong and to reload and whether I reload or try and unfollow the page refreshes and says 'Sorry we couldn't find that' and i have to retart the player. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ryan the Layout OCD Spotify User

Suggested posts