Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel subscription

Solved!

Cancel subscription

I want to cancel my prescription but can't figure it out. Can you give me a step by step of a customer service phone number to call?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community  @Angiea18 !

Sorry to see you go! The process is super simple. All you need to do is go to this link https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/cancel/.

Let me know if you need anything else.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Wouldn't it be easier to just press the button and try it? You are aware that your spotify profile shows your Facebook Name? But you can get in touch with spotify here and they'll be delighted to help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Screenshot - 19_06_2014 , 20_49_01.png

Marked as solution

The link doesn't work for the contact form? 

Marked as solution

This solution is BS.

It doesn't work.

I go thru the steps and submit my cancellation.

I sign back on and my account shows i still have a subscription.

I've tried this about 4 times now.

Fix IT!!!!!!!!

52 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community  @Angiea18 !

Sorry to see you go! The process is super simple. All you need to do is go to this link https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/cancel/.

Let me know if you need anything else.

I'm also trying to cancel my subscription and the link to the cancel page will not work for me. It keeps saying the page has expired and too try again but i've tried over a dozen times. What should i do next?

Is your account definitely showing as active Premium/Unlimited on your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm also trying to cancel my subscription, but I keep getting "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our testing help area".

What is the problem?

Could be a temporary error, it's worth trying again in a bit. 

If you are sitll having issues, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

The cancellation process is looped and does not work. My account uses an email address and a password... NOT a Facebook account.I have been trying to cancel my account and the only way to do that is to give Spotify my Facebook account to verify myself? Why? I refuse to do that. I didn't use my FB account for a very speific reason. I am already logged into my account and trying to cancel. Why do I need to give Spotify access to my FB account?????  Please help. I just got charged ANOTHER monthly fee and I'm not able to get out of this. VERY FRUSTRATED!

004.jpg

Hi. There is no email login other than for facebook linked accounts and I see from your profile that your account is indeed linked. What happens when you click the facebook button and use your facebook credentials?

You might want to check that again. I do in FACT have an email/password login for spotify. I have NEVER used FB to login. FB is NOT linked to my spotify account. So, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I refuse to give them access to my FB account. They do not need it. I do not give ANYONE access to my FB account for a reason. There's absolutely no point in using my FB account to sign up for these services. bottom line: I have an email address and password to login in to Spotify, why is it asking for FB at all? I was already logged in to my account and requesting a cancellation.

Marked as solution

Wouldn't it be easier to just press the button and try it? You are aware that your spotify profile shows your Facebook Name? But you can get in touch with spotify here and they'll be delighted to help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Screenshot - 19_06_2014 , 20_49_01.png

Just to chime in one this subject of logins, Spotify offer two ways to set up (and login/authenticate) accounts.

- Using a Spotify username and Spotify password. These are unique usernames you choose during registration and can not be an email address.

- Using your Facebook details. Where you log into Spotify using your Facebook email address and password.

If you log into any Spotify application using an email address in the username box, you are authenticating via Facebook.

Peter

I have gone through the steps to cancel my account several times and it has not worked. I have called your customer service number and emailed with no response.  It still says I will be charged next month, so obviously the super simple cancelation process is not so simple, I would like to talk to a human being about canceling my account and confirming that it has been canceled.

Spotify don't provide telephone support. Please use this contact form (I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "emailed") and, if you receive an autoresponse email, make sure you reply to it. One of the account team will get in touch shortly.

What actually does it show under subscription status on this page and do you get any error messages on the cancellation page?

I have tried cancelling my premium account a few times, it says it's cancelled but still money gets taken out of my account. I do not want to pay another month, can someone from the spotify team confirm my cancellation please Name:Aimee Nolan
Username: 11131749015

Hey @Aimeej Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I have followed this and I still cant cancel my subscription! It just keeps telling me opps!

I am still on a free trail courtesy of Vodafone but that runs out on the 8th of August and I need to cancel it before then as there is no way on earth I can afford to pay for premium

You need to cancel through Vodaphone. The post in this forum may help.

What's even more annoying is that I finally managed to get my account canceled over a month ago and now I can't get these emails to stop coming every time some posts another response to this thread about how they also can't cancel their account. The entire Spotify process is a Hotel California.

Click on "Topic Options" at the top of this thread and select "Unsubscribe" to stop the emails. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Peter

I would like to cancel my subscription and delete my account, yet I am unable to get upon the page that allows you to leave. I had orginally got spotify by my brother's requested for me to try it out, however I hardly ever go on, and I am less likely to go on at a later date due to uni getting more heavy upon my timetable. Please could you help me cancel my subcription? 

Suggested posts