Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change language set up

Change language set up

The language set up on my account is not the proper one. Anyone who knows how to change the language?

81 Replies

"I can switch languages using the country selector at the bottom of the page --> to belgium - french (although that's also written in dutch, which is not very smart)"

Yeah I pointed out to them last year that putting the name of the country/language you seek in a foreign language is a user interface mistake, but I think that Spotify is devoted to implementing every well-known internationalisation UI blunder it can find. Some of these blunders actually require more work to implement than to do the right thing!

That's the problem. Spotify philosophy is that a Country is a language, and this is not true at all. Spotify should change this wrong concept.

And to change the content of the website or the app depending on the country, it is not necessary to change the language of the user interface. You should select allways the user's language preference.

Hi. Big problem here in Norway. Spotify keeps talking Dutch to me. Everything is set to Norwegian, and i am in Norway, and still Dutch. I know about two words in Dutch and are angry and lost. Please help me!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Where are you seeing the Dutch? 

Is it on the website, emails or inside the client? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please help.

I am an Irish person living in Belgium and would like my spotify in English but can not figure out how.

Is there a sollution? Thanks.

@culannkeys wrote:

Please help.

I am an Irish person living in Belgium and would like my spotify in English but can not figure out how.

Is there a sollution? Thanks.

Hey! 🙂 

When you say in english, what do you mean? 

Unfortunately if you are on Spotify free there is no way to change the language of the adverts, but you can change the client language from the Edit/Spotify > Preferences menu and you can change the language of the website by selecting an english speaking country (such as the UK) from the country selector in the bottom right corner of every page. 

Peter

Peter

Same problem here.. live in norway, and the spotify webplayer are stuck on German...

Cannot change language in settings. When trying, and reloading the page, its back in german..

Probably going to cancel my account after this period, due to this. Wimp has got it correct...

I've tried all tips and tricks mentioned in the forums, but with no luck. Even on other computers, when I log on, I'm stuck on german..

2014-01-03_1409.png

Can you try changing it to english and then to your selected language?

Normally these issues on the web player are caused by broken cookies. If you could clear all *.spotify.com cookies from your browser and then try again?

Peter

English is what im trying to change to... no norwegian in the list... doesnt work. Not even on another computer or my phone...

Weird, what browser are you using?

Peter

Tried with chrome and ie. Both gives me german... and no way to save english as my language. Reload makes the page german again..

Can you test and see if you get the same behavior in an Incognito chrome window?

Peter

I've set my language to English (Malaysia) and yet, spotify news keep sending me emails in the Malay language.  Please help!!  I'm getting really frustrated.

Do you have a Malaysian subscription? The language used for emails is tied to your subscription country and can't be changed I'm afraid.

If that is the case I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and see if there is anything they can do for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

There is an option to select either Malay or English for Malaysia. I've set English but the emails keep coming in bloody Malay!

Thanks for your help.  I will certainly give it a try and see what happens.

Hi, my country is Spain, but my language is Catalan. Is there any option to change from Spanish to Catalan language? Thansk a lot.

Thanks I had the same problem too

Suggested posts