Change my home address

Solved!

Change my home address

Music Lover
‎2016-06-23 10:07 AM

When upgrading to Family Premium I put in the wrong home address for my family to fill out, and now I can not find where I can change it to the correct one. How can i fix this? :) Grateful for any help!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
1 person liked this

Re: Change my home address

Rock Star
‎2016-06-26 11:59 AM

@Maandiieee

Unfortunately that's not possible. The only way to change your home address once you have confirmed it to the Family plan is to contact the Spotify support by clicking the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Have any further questions for the Family plan. Just click here

Problem solved? Please "Accept as solution" 

9 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-08-09 01:37 PM

Well, I have cancelled my family and premium membership. Switched to Deezer, equally enjoyable, acutally has more music.

You guys at Spotify are really brainless, thinking that everybody is a crook who tries to make other people members through your family plan.

3 people liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2017-08-17 12:49 PM

This whole thing is a cruel joke, a blatant taunt meant to intentionally mock any customer.

I can't change or even view my data.

That's not only an absolutely braindead idea. To put it simply: That's definitely not legal in Europe.

My family, which keeps entering the same address as I guess I have entered (probably have a typo in it), keeps being locked out of the premium family membership. After being kicked out a month ago, when I added my brother, who finally got a Spotify account, and suddenly had to provide an address. After two years or so of no problems at all. (And no need to provide an address!)

Also this ignorant and purely stupid system claims that a family always has the same address. Like... no child moved out... ever. If my brother was living in his own apartment, he'd obviously stop being part of my family instantaneously.

Sorry (not really), but how f*cked in the head do you need to be to create a concept like this? I can't find words to describe this idiocy.

I've been with Spotify quite from it's start.

Definitely moving to Deezer now.

50 Replies

Rock Star
‎2016-06-23 11:24 AM

hello @Maandiieee

You can change your Spotify account details in the link below:

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2016-06-26 10:13 AM

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. But this does not solve my problem. 

I need to change the home address I filled in when upgrading to a family premium account. I can not find this page anywhere, which disturbes me a lot.

I will try to continue to look for a solution!

1 person liked this

Rock Star
‎2016-06-26 11:59 AM

@Maandiieee

Unfortunately that's not possible. The only way to change your home address once you have confirmed it to the Family plan is to contact the Spotify support by clicking the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Have any further questions for the Family plan. Just click here

50 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-11-19 01:51 AM

This is not an acceptable solution.  There needs to be a machanisim to change you address.  This is the only service I have ever seen (and I belong to a lot) that does not have a place to change ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION ON YOUR ACCOUNT.  This is wrong and spotify needs to correct this.

Edited
Rock Star
‎2016-11-19 05:31 PM

Hi there @markeby

You can submit an idea on the spotify community just click the link below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

It helps to improve the experience of spotify and for you as a customer. 

Just ask me if you have more questions. 

31 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-11-20 04:58 PM

This isn't a community issue.  This is a spotify administration issue.

13 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-12-24 01:22 PM

This is a ridiculous thing.  When you first sign up for a family account, then click to add your first person, it asks you for your info. Why in the world would I assume it was asking for MY info and not the info of the person I'm adding. 

Now I want to give this to my brother and girlfriend, and I can't without it looking like it's coming from my girlfriend, since she was the first one I was adding. I need this changed right away in order to proceed with the gifting, and you're telling me I have to wait for support to do it? WHY?!?!?!

Merry Christmas, I guess.

3 people liked this

Edited
Music Lover
‎2017-01-15 03:02 AM

I have the same issue and i still not getting answer from spotify customer service.

2 people liked this

Rock Star
‎2017-01-16 04:45 PM

@bernalfr

Try to do the process again and add all the usernames. 

SUGGESTED POSTS