Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chargeback Disabled Account

Chargeback Disabled Account

I received an email this morning saying that my account has been disabled because a chargeback I made.
I did not make a chargeback.
The only thing that I can think of is a voucher I purchased from Htfdeals.com (the one year card I had added to the account). If that was charged back, it means htfdeals.com did something fishy.
Is there anything that can be done?
61 Replies

Created this throaway account too because Spotify won't let me log in.

No reply from Spotify but I got an email back from HTFDeals.

we did not initiate a chargeback or dispute of any kind. We are unsure of why this happened and are actively investigating the issue.

The email goes on about possible reasons and options for me to resolve.

At this point I'm nore dissapointed with Spotify's unresponsiveness than HTFDeals. At least they are trying to figure out the issue and making their customers happy.
Is it time to jump ship, now that there are other big players in the game?

If that is the case and it is a Spotify glitch, I fully expect an additional month of service for this inconvenience.

I do wonder where that website got the Spotify codes from though, if they where obtained by fraudulent means then Spotify are within their rights to not honour the codes hence why Spotify constantly say here on the community to only buy codes from Spotify or official partners. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I completely agree.

If they were obtained fraudulently,  HTF should take responsibility and preemptively issue refunds. 

"Is it time to jump ship, now that there are other big players in the game?"

Not gonna lie....Google Music All Access is pretty rad. I like it alot more than Spotify Premium and plan on switching as soon as my Spotify Premium is up...which is still good BTW from HTF Deals.

Google Music All Access has tons of songs, a MUCH better mobile app and web player AND the ability to upload up to 20,000 of your own songs (if Google already has them in its store it automatically matches them), audio quality seems better, + it's only $8 a month.

If I were you Spotify, I'd be shaking in my boots  😛

@Peter wrote:

I do wonder where that website got the Spotify codes from though, if they where obtained by fraudulent means then Spotify are within their rights to not honour the codes hence why Spotify constantly say here on the community to only buy codes from Spotify or official partners. 

Peter

1) IF, they were obtained by fradulent means, then discontinuing the codes would make sense, but DISABLING ACCOUNTS is pretty ridiculous.

2) IF, the codes that were accepted, are now being declined, and an acceptable form of payment is on file for the account, why not notify users of the now (after months of use) bad code, and charge our payment on file?

@3) WHY THE @#$@#$#@ LOCK US OUT OF OUR ACCOUNTS?!?

I bought into Spotify to be able to use once, or twice, a week at games and allow my teammates an easy to put add their suggestions to what is played - Not being able to use it tonight, pretty much negates the whole reason I bothered to invest my money in a Spotify account. Needless to say, I'm strongly reconsidering where money is going and may well plan to challenge the credit card charge for all of this.

I opened a case as well, yet I wonder what the SLA on this? What is an acceptable and expected response time? An entire business day with only a canned response and no resolution is pretty poor for any business nowadays.

Spotify Case # 00728317

- A very annoyed, irritated and pissed off customer

(not trying to thread hijack, just quick opinion)

I'm also testing out Google Music.

pros/cons for me:

+ nice interface, fast response

+ multi-location access

+ cheaper

- not as extensive library for my taste (latin-dub-electro, world music)

- I'm committed to Spotify, with around 350 subscribers for one of my playslists.

- already organized various playlists, been premium customer for almost two years

HTFdeals gave me the option to get a new code, or get a refund. I can't even log in to my spotify account so my only option might be get a refund.

"If they were obtained fraudulently,  HTF should take responsibility and preemptively issue refunds. "

From HTFDeals' email, a refund was an option for me, the problem is now most of us are locked out of our Spotify Account.

@sptf_lol wrote:

"If they were obtained fraudulently,  HTF should take responsibility and preemptively issue refunds. "

From HTFDeals' email, a refund was an option for me, the problem is now most of us are locked out of our Spotify Account.

Just curious what you guys had to say to HTFDeals to receive that offer?

Has anyone received any confirmation (or any other sort of response) from anyone at Spotify that it was in fact a results of such a code? I noticed someone else in this thread had a 1 month code and their account is disabled. It'd be nice to receive some sort of official response from Spotify regarding this issue and I'd like to at least be able to look at my playlists so I figure out some of the music that was recently added to them so I can manually add music to my phone.

Can't wait for the Google Music iOS app to be released.

I, too, was offered a refund from HTFDeals. The culpability for the cause seems to lie in their court however I am zero percent satisfied as a Spotify customer. I have requested the refund as offered from HTF and I will be taking my money elsewhere. At this point, you can keep my account Spotify.. I don't need it anymore.

MobStarz,

I just email sales@htfdeals.com with a message about my account being dissabled due to chargeback. I told them I was not the only one with this issue and referred them to this thread. I asked to please investigate and gave them necessary info (order date, spotify username, etc)

Good luck

I simply emailed them detailing that my Spotify account was disabled from a Chargeback from the coupon I purchased a month ago. They seem to be well aware of the issue. They told me that that particular deal was very popular and it seems that about 2% of the codes have resulted in this.

Spotify needs to say why the codes were rejected, why they disabled all of our accounts (as opposed to just removing premium until things were cleared up), and why the codes were accepted in the first place.

I have the same situation here. my case number is  00729154.

I'm so glad to be a part of the lucky 2%.

@sptf_lol wrote:

MobStarz,

I just email sales@htfdeals.com with a message about my account being dissabled due to chargeback. I told them I was not the only one with this issue and referred them to this thread. I asked to please investigate and gave them necessary info (order date, spotify username, etc)

Good luck

Thanks. I shot them an email.

The fact that they've responded to you much quicker than Spotify sure says a lot about their level of customer service...

Has anyone who opened a case with Spotify received any response, other than the canned auto-response of the ticket being opened?

I appear to have the first ticket about the issue and have not received a reply from Spotify.
Based on what I have seen here about other issues, it may take more than a week. I hope it doesn't.

My account is disabled too, the Case Number is 00728203

Same case 728998....

So, I've heard from spotify but it doesn't seem to clarify much... Here goes what I received...

-----------------------------

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is regarding an e-card redeemed to your account. It would appear that the original purchase for the card may not have been authorised.

We would like to have this looked into for you so could you provide us with the email receipt you will have received when purchasing the e-card. Or the one that you received when the e-card was sent to you.

I look forward to your reply.

------------------------------------

I've sent them the receipts and now I'm waiting to hear from them again....

Did you point them to this thread? It could help us all.

Suggested posts