Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection problem to Facebook Account

Solved!

Connection problem to Facebook Account

Hello,

I used to have a FB account. I deleted my account and de-linked my Spotify. Recently, I have created another FB account. Now, my Spotify account cannot connect to the new account.

I can 'manually' import my contacts using Spotify.com.

When I try to connect to my FB account via my Spotify app, it pops an authentication window. I authenticate successfully. App opens a new blank browser page, (in order to obtain the token I believe) which only displays OK.

That is the end of the story. It does not do anything after that and I cannot connect to my FB account.

I would appreciate any technical help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope, I have a fairly standard FB account and I am not using anything specific.

I have contacted Spotify support. We have ended up opening a new account (that is not linked with any FB account.) and imported my old account into the new one. I was still not able to connect to FB via the Spotify app but I was able to import contacts manually.

So, I am not sure what is the problem but at least I can see my friends on FB, so if that is what you are looking for, you can contact Spotify to fix such a problem. They told me that the technical support will look into the issue further. So, maybe they will eventually fix it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you already tried to use another browser,  or even the incognito (private) mode of your browser?

If yes,  try this to disconnect FB, and connect it again afterwards.

To disconnect from Facebook, please follow the steps in this topic.
Please keep in mind that it's not an official supported workaround.

Otherwise, you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried using different browsers and also different computers. I did not try the incognito mode of my browser, but now I tried and it did not work either.

I cannot disconnect from FB becuase I am not connected to FB. My account is not associated with any FB account right now. But I will e-mail them. Thank you.

Are you using any anti-virus or security software on your computer? If so which?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

On my OSX, I do not have anything special. Usual firewall of the OS.

On my Windows OS, I have Windows Security Essentials and usual Windows firewall.

Best.

Hmm nothing there I could see causing issues. Do you have login approvals or anything extra security wise enabled on Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Nope, I have a fairly standard FB account and I am not using anything specific.

I have contacted Spotify support. We have ended up opening a new account (that is not linked with any FB account.) and imported my old account into the new one. I was still not able to connect to FB via the Spotify app but I was able to import contacts manually.

So, I am not sure what is the problem but at least I can see my friends on FB, so if that is what you are looking for, you can contact Spotify to fix such a problem. They told me that the technical support will look into the issue further. So, maybe they will eventually fix it.

Suggested posts