Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted songs on country change

Deleted songs on country change

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the premium account and changed my country from Spain to Germany. The problem is that there are some songs that have completely disappeared from my playlists. I wonder whether it is because of the country change or because of country restrictions.

In any case I think it is a bad idea to delete the existing content and modifying playlists. I use them sometimes as lists of music I like even if they are not available at the moment.

Could somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

7 Replies

Some songs Spotify can not enable in all countries as the publishers of the songs may/will not let the songs in that country, there for Spotify can not help this issue.

This may not be the case though, sometimes (Rarely theese days) when you go premium for some odd reason songs can vanish, I think this is an bug within Spotify.

Maybe an Staff member will reply soon and tell you what has happend.

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

Hi Daniel,

change back to your spain account und see if your songs/playlists are available again.
If this is the better account, let it on spain. Or is this a problem?

kirk09

I experienced exactly the same issue. They forced me to change my location to US as I used US credit card, and after that most of my Finnish songs disappeard (I have now several _empty_ playlists). I wouldn't have expected that I actually get LESS songs by paying the monthly fee. 

Definitely not something I would expect. I believe the location setting should be more customizable or Spotify should provide a way to prove your location in other means.

I have this issue too. Change my country to Singapore and many of my songs in my playlist disappeared. What a pity and sad of going Global with Spotify.

They should still be in your playlist, but the content might not yet be available in Singapore. If you untick the option "Hide unplayable tracks" in the Preferences menu of your client you should still be able to see them. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The point is whether will they ever be available in Singapore.

I also experienced this problem recently as I was forced to change my country because I requested to tranfer the payment method to a card from a different country being an expat. On top if this I'm now paying a hire fee whilst having less music of my choise available.

Spotify should provide a solution to this problem if they want to be a truly global player.

Suggested posts