Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Didn't get a Free Trail! (Spotify Overdraft)

Solved!

Didn't get a Free Trail! (Spotify Overdraft)

Hello, 

My name is Tommy and I am a Student who attends College. I created this post because of an error on my spotify let me explain. So I signed up for a Spotify account just today and I decided to get a premium account. This is due to the fact that I don't really want to carry multiple devices so I can listen to my music. I just want to bring my Iphone 4 back and fourth instead of carrying an ipod 5 gb , an android phone and my iphone 4. From what I understand I was supposed to get a free trial and then I was supposed to pay. But, I didn't get a free trial period and now spotify charged me twice. I contacted them and they never replied back to the e-mail. So I am now posting on the community Forum and hopefully they would respond; anyway, they charged me (2) $4.99 statements. I can't even pay for that right now! My account only had .02 cents and it stood that way for a couple months. When I wanted to try out spotify for free to see how I would of liked it I get charged for it and now my account has an overdraft due to this problem. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 7.06.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 7.06.34 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Dear Tommy,

If you want to experience the free trial you could sign up to a new account. What I did was I signed up from my facebook account ( Which has my email ), but I didn't have to give any credit card information. Maybe you did something that I didn't do that caused that to happen, or maybe it's just an update, but I recommend to sign up for a new account with a different email ( It's pretty useful to have another email account alongside with your main email account, especially in times like these ), and that should give you your free trial. If it doesn't, I'll try my best to think of something else.

Thanks, and have a good day (:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Dear Tommy,

If you want to experience the free trial you could sign up to a new account. What I did was I signed up from my facebook account ( Which has my email ), but I didn't have to give any credit card information. Maybe you did something that I didn't do that caused that to happen, or maybe it's just an update, but I recommend to sign up for a new account with a different email ( It's pretty useful to have another email account alongside with your main email account, especially in times like these ), and that should give you your free trial. If it doesn't, I'll try my best to think of something else.

Thanks, and have a good day (:

I should Have done that. If only someone could of told me that earlier. But I didn't Expect this to happen. I had an account but I never had the prenium account before; however, the damage had been done and now I can't pay the bank back sadly. I'll have to find a way. 

I'm sorry... But at least it's not a huge amount, right? It probably wouldn't take too long to pay that off. Maybe Spotify glitched or something similar. Either way, I hope that doesn't happen to you again, and that my advice helped!

It's kinda a large amaount. I can't pay it off till at least 2 or even 3 weeks. But thank You so much for your advice. You have been really helpful! Thank You!!

Suggested posts