Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different username and display name in different platform

Different username and display name in different platform

Hi,
i created my account using email and then i connected to fb and the name changes. Then i disconnected but it doesn't change my username back to my email. I connected the account to another fb(my public account) now my app, desktop and web version of Spotify displays different usernames now.

Is there any ways to rectify this? I tried uninstalling spotify app and desktop, log out log in but no changes.

Thank you.
4 Replies

Hi there,

If you connect to Spotify with Facebook is should automatically display your Facebook name as the username.

It isn't possible to change your username because Spotify has to know your username to remember your playlists.

Regards,

P

Regards,
JamesHelps | Festive VIP & Spotify Expert

If this post has solved your issue - Please click 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If I have helped you - Please like it.

I have a very similar issue. Connected Spotify to Facebook and then removed that permission when I saw it changes my handle to a real name. Disconnected from FB, still showing my real name. Any solution?

My issue is my username remains the same even though i have connected to another fb account, it doesnt reflect as e fb name on my username but under profile it reflected e fb name if i am using desktop spotify.

When i logged in via web page e usename reflect my email username because i have signed up using email.

So now three different platforms i have different usernames. i would like my username to be my newly connected fb or revert back to my email username.

Is it possible to rectify this situation?

Thank you.

I have the Exact problem... Just connected My acct. to my FaceBook acct. now my user name displayes my FB name instead of the spotify username!!! No matter what I do it will NOT change back to my Spotify User Name... Considering I'm being charged the Premium fees I should be able to fix this.... NOT HAPPY

Suggested posts