Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook

Disconnect from Facebook

I registered for Spotify using my facebook credentials, however, I would like to deactivate my facebook.

When I tried to register a new account, it would not allow me to do so, since my email address was tied the account that was made via facebook.

Is there any solution here besides registering a new email address somewhere and making a new account (would really rather not). Or is there any way I can disconnect my email from my current account, and register a new one?

If I were to register a new account, would there be a way to transfer all the music/playlists that I've saved from my old account?

Thanks for the help!

2 Replies

There is no way to disconnect a Facebook created account from Facebook I'm afraid. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you set up on a new account and move your playlists over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Deactivating facebook and keeping spotify without having to get a new acct can be done if you have a premium acct.  you need to log back into facebook so you will have access to your spotify acct.  You then need to create a device password.  click this link to create a device password  http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password  Once you receive an email and create your device password, log out/deactivate facebook, then log into spotify on your device using your new numerical username and password provided. Enjoy!

Suggested posts