Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account?

Solved!

Duplicate Account?

Dear People at Spotify, 

It seems I have one account with spotify directly and another one with my facebook-ID?

Strange thing is: I logged in with my 'normal' account to renew my premium, but it seems that it has been 

booked on an account i can only get onto when i log in with my facebook details. 

It's annoying because my playlist are in the 'normal' account while my subscription is in the 'facebook' account. 

I hope you can help!

207 Replies

Hi I have the same problem.

I have not tried the steps listed here yet to resolve the problem because I don't want to loose the new playlists I have made in the duplicate account. I have been using the second account created because of facebook for about 2 weeks, I just got premium and realised the problem... Can I copy the playlists over to my original account?

Original user name-   peter-lambert

facebook-    1118972883

Isi and Peter - Just emailing you both.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Go right ahead email them because this is more important and people such as my friend who pays for this service has been waiting for almost more then 6 days from the contact form and still gets no reply... I like how others get top priority...

I am in the EXACT situation as peter-lambert.

Original Acct: mdlueck

Facebook duplicate: 1225250544

Don't want to lose the playlists I created in the FB duplicate.  What can be done???

Thanks.

Hi mdlueck - A response to the case you opened is on the way. Keep an eye on your personal inbox--your playlists will be there soon.

Dear staff of Spotify,

I've apparently created a duplicate account for my e-mail address, which I'd like to get rid of. I'd appreciate if you could advice me how to get rid of the duplicate.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Andruz - You're right, it seems there was a duplicate account created via your Facebook. However, your Facebook is now peroperly linked to your Spotify and the duplicate is deleted. 

If you're referring to a different email address/ account just let us know. 

I have the same problem as mentioned, i tryed everything to fix the problem but i still have a duplicate account. Can you delete the free account and set my premium account as my normal account please (ej******[@]ziggo[.]nl)? All my playlists are gone and my premium is also gone at this moment.

Regards,

Evertjan

Evertjan - Just log in with your username 'ejjn' and your Spotify password, and you'll get into your Premium. Your playlists will be waiting too.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, do i need to use my FB password? Because when i try to reset the password for this account i don't get a e-mail how i can reset it. Tryed it 2 times now and it still doesn't work. Fix it please.. 🙂

ejjn- It seems you haven't received that email because your 'ejjn' account is linked to a different email than the one you posted above. I'll send you an email now with more details. 

Also, we've removed that duplicate Facebook account for you. You can link 'ejjen' to your FB via your Preferences once you've signed back in. 

I now have two spotify accounts. I have one for free and one spotify premium. All my playlists are on the free-account. And, this account is also the one connected to facebook. I now want to start using my premium-account, and then I want the premium-account to connect to facebook. so that i can share playlists with my friends. How do i do this?? My premium-accounts works, it is just that I want it to connect with facebook, an want to delete my for free account. All this **bleep** started when I should get a spotify premium for free included in my netcom-mobil-abb..

Hi Maghel - Welcome to the Community. Glad to have you on board. 

So I believe your account is already set up exactly as you'd like it. Facebook is connected to your 'maggi76' account and this is the one on the Premium subscription. 

However, I can see you've recently stopped the subscription. Perhaps in order sign up with a parternship deal?

You can upgrade that account again at any time. Just be sure to keep logging in with your 'maggie76' username and you'll be set. 

thank you for your answer. Yes,  I signed up with a deal with my iphone (netcom), and then by mistake made a new account with username dlihngam, instead of just upgrade my maggi76 account when the premium ran out... So, if I upgrade my maggi76 account to premium again, I will have to pay for this, because it is my other account (dlihngam) that is included in my netcom-abb....confusing?...yeaah. do you get my problem?.. 🙂

Hi, I too have duplicate accounts. One with my FB account and another to mornedre. Canz you fix? Thanks in advance 🙂

maghel - Ah, I see. The best way to proceed here is enter 'spotify:user:maggi76' into the Spotify search bar. From there you can find all of your public playlists on that free account and subscribe. 

If you want to continue editing them simply copy and paste those tracks into a playlist on your 'dlihngam' account. 

Your other options is cancelling the subscriptoin on 'dlihngam'. Once that month expires you can re-subscribe on 'maggi76'. 

villmaen - This can be sorted very easily with the steps on this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

Hi . . .

I got the same problem with Duplicate Account. .

Can you please solve this for me. .

Ghostforce - Just log in with the username 'danne_t' and your Spotify password, and you should get into your original account. You'll be able to reconnect it to Facebook once you're in.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

It dosen't work..it is already connected to Another account It says..

Ah, I've just seen what's wrong here. Keep an eye on your emails, I'm just sending one over.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts