Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Solved!

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Hey Spotify,

Here's the situation: 

I have been a happy Spotify Premium customer for many months now. My computer's harddrive was replaced resulting in needing to reinstall Spotify. For the past week I have had Spotify working perfectly on my iPhone and signed in to my Premium account. Once I reinstalled Spotify onto my computer I could not remember my account password. I requested the password but have not recieved the email to reset it for many days. (It is not in a junk folder, I just haven't gotten it) Desperate to get it working, I signed in through Facebook. I think by doing this I have mistakenly opened a new account seperate from my old Spotify account. It does not have any of my playlists from my phone or any of my saved music on it. I thought if I signed up for Premium again on my computer account the info would be transfered from my iPhone. I think I stupidly signed up for two seperate Premium accounts and am now stuck paying for it on the account I cannot access because I lost the password and Spotify isn't responding to me. 

Why have I not receieved the email to reset my password? How do I access my account that isn't through FB? Can I cancel one of the accounts and get my money back for the Premium I have just mistakenly signed up for? (or could I put it towards a month in the future on the right account?)

Customer service has not responded to me so I hope to get answers from this. I wish Spotify has a customer service phone number.

PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you,

Sarah

67 Replies

THis is very annoying that I have to go here to figure this out. I have requested an email to change my login info so I can use the app on my iphone. I've been a member since 2012 and want to remain, but if you won't even send me an email to change my password then I'll have to quit you service. I've checked your spelling of my email, and it's fine, you just won't send me the password reset. Bad customer service!

Marked as solution

@Silverstride420 

Check to make sure you are looking at the right email account, and also check your spam folder.

If you are still having trouble, contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i cannot log into my account as when i reset my password it directs me to my old account. this is very frustrating and i am paying for a service i cant use

@yardy9 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue but the email on my account is my college email which has been deactivated because I graduated a few years ago. I can no longer access my email or receive any emails. How can I get this resolved and reset my password?

I have the same problem, please help

willchong429 is the username please help

I have the same problem! The email I entered is not receiving any emails and I cannot change my password. Username is: ms.comandbf.comandbf

my story is that yesterday i created a acount,now that i singed out i cannot sing back in because i quess i forgot my password or username. but when i put my email in it dident send(i checked everything,spam,junk,ect.) i was not using facebook. i just cant get the email for some reson

Hello, currently having the same issue , I can't remember my password and my account is linked to the wrong email,jpruce instead of jprice please advise how this can be resolved. Thanks

Spotify is awful I keep losing my music its very unprofessional, bad experience

Iam trying to reset password via email please help?

Hey i'm having the same problem, when i type in my user name i am not getting the email, when i type in the email it says " looks like your trying to use facebook" but im not! My premium account is not on facebook. I created a new free account just so i could send this message. Please help, email is willwright14@gmail.com

april what was the email that contacted you

Hi i forgot my password for my spotify account and the password for the email i used is there anyway i can change my spotify password?

I have a similar issue and have been trying for a week to access my account. Username is obrienl505. You can reach me at lukeob16@yahoo.com. I must have had a typo in my student email when I originally signed up because I don't receive emails

Hi i cant reset my premium account password. i did not receive any password reset links AT ALL, I have done it many times with my premium usename,pyqo, and also my email,pyqo@icloud.com . I think the reason i cannot receive any mail for my premium password reset is because i accidentally created another account with my facebook which has the same email. So can you guys just send me a reset link straight away? Cause i think no matter what i do i still cannot get the reset link eventho i have entered my premium usrname.So can i just get the reset link right away instead? i have tried email the support but still no  replies at all. PLease reply me ASAP. IN NEED OF THE MUSIC. 

Thank you

I have the same problem, I changed my phone and I don't remember the password, I received an email from spotify before so I am sure I typed in the right email address. 

Hi I am not receiving any emails from Spotify. I am trying to reset my password. I have been trying to get in touch with someone for the last 4 days. Please help. Thanks

I forgot my password and couldn't reset it with my email. I finally got back in but next time I forget I would like to change it and I can't do that without getting and email from you. Please fix this

Suggested posts