Gift card

Solved!

Gift card

mhutchz
Regular
Why is my gift card code invalid 6 days after paying $36? The retail store confirmed yesterday that the card was correctly activated with a Spotify approval number on the receipt and cannot refund my $36. Why has Spotify not fixed this after getting my emails 3 days ago? Why am I having the same problems with a 2nd gift card bought yesterday? I have done nothing wrong. Spotify has my code and a photo of my gift card and receipt but has done nothing to help. I have wasted hours trying to find a solution (including 2 hours travelling to the store yesterday and explaining the problem). This has ruined Christmas for me. Is this a scam? Should I inform the authorities? How can Spotify refuse to provide a refund if a card is faulty? Does this breach consumer protection laws?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Gift card

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @mhutchz,

We (Michael and I) would love to fix this for you, however we are not working for Spotify. We only have permissions to push it to the right guys.

We have escalated this to the staff, they will pick it up and take the neccesary actions to fix this for you. I can't give you an exact date as I can't check internally. Please keep an eye on your inbox and this thread.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @Robgraves3,

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

Last.fm | Twitter

17 Replies

MichaelW
Community Legend

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with redeeming of your gift card. 

When you contacted Spotify, you got an automated reply  (the mail which redirects you to the community). Have you replied to it (even when it says 'no reply')? If not, please reply to that email so a Spotify employee can get back to you as soon as possible. 

If you did reply to that email, or if it has been 48 hours since your reply, please let me know your case ID if you still didn't get any answer.

mhutchz
Regular
Hi Michael, yes I did reply to the email and I got one response from Camilo asking for my code which I emailed (3 days ago) but since then I've heard nothing. The case number is 02213187 with this shown in the subject line: "Spotify Case # 02213187: Redeeming my Spotify gift card - It isn’t working ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0nWOY3:ref".
Thanks for helping! Regards, Mark

MichaelW
Community Legend

I've escalated this message. A Spotify employee should get back to you soon.

mhutchz
Regular
How much longer do I have to wait? This should be very easy to fix: activate my card in the system or refund my money and pay compensation for 5 hours of my life wasted on trying to fix this (plus travel costs for the useless 2 hour trip back to the store which sold the faulty card). I wish I had signed instead with Deezer or Google Play, or continued with Guvera whose customer service is brilliant (fast, responsive, helpful, professional & effective). Please fix this.
Solution!

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @mhutchz,

We (Michael and I) would love to fix this for you, however we are not working for Spotify. We only have permissions to push it to the right guys.

We have escalated this to the staff, they will pick it up and take the neccesary actions to fix this for you. I can't give you an exact date as I can't check internally. Please keep an eye on your inbox and this thread.

Last.fm | Twitter

Robgraves3
I'm havering the same problem
Solution!

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @Robgraves3,

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

Last.fm | Twitter

songofthesouth
Casual Listener

Good luck.  Their customer service seems out of touch with reality.  First off it's terrible that you can only communicate via e-mail.  It's the most ineffecient way to get something done. It benefits them and their probably outsourced support team rather than benefiting the customer.

However - I am in the same boat.  I'm hoping I can find my receipt... bought the gift card at Wal-Mart while on vacation.  They act like they can do nothing about it.

HERE's the real kicker. The CS Rep actually tells me EVEN if the card worked it would do me no good because I have a family account and you can't apply a gift card to a family account??!?!?!  That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  That's like McDonalds saying you're buying a value meal so cash only no gift cards with this 'special'.  The card should be worth the value.  The only way to use it would be to just create another account I don't need? How dumb.

Spotify should get their act together.  I have a business and would never treat customers this way.

ErickRGuetta
Community Legend

Actually @songofthesouth when you register at Spotify you agree with its legal terms that can be found here: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/ and you can actually see that there are some offers that does not apply with giftcards, such as the Family subscription which is only available with card.

SUGGESTED POSTS