Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift cards are useless

Gift cards are useless

I was given Spotify gift cards that are useless since I am already a subscriber. I would think Spotify would want to keep their customers happy and not move onto another company that can acomadate taking someone's money.
3 Replies

Hey @Katie96793,

Spotify gift cards aren't useless if you're a subscriber, rather you can use them to extend your Premium time without having to pay for it. If you got a three month gift card, that means you get three months of Premium without having to pay your monthly subscription for it.

I was told by Spotify that I will have to downgrade my family account to free, utilize the cards and then re establish my family account. Why can't Spotify utilize the gift cards on my existing account? I have Spotify money burning a hole in my pocket and Spotify will not accept it for my existing account per the company's terms.

@Katie96793,

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

I think what Spotify was saying when they advised you of that was that you could:

1) Downgrade, resulting in you being subscribed to a normal $9.99/month subscription,

2) Redeem, resulting in a pre-paid Premium for however many months, and

3) Upgrade, transferring the pre-paid Premium into a pre-paid Family subscription.

In theory, this would solve your problem, but it is kind of a hassle. Could you let me know if you would like to try this? I should be able to help you through it if you need me.

Suggested posts