Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hide username when posting a playlist on facebook

Hide username when posting a playlist on facebook

Hi there,

I am aware that Spotify does not allow changes of usernames, but is it possible to hide it from the public? For instance, I would like to share playlists but I don’t want my username to appear : playlist by [username].. Also, I cannot connect to my Facebook account, it sends me an error message (try again later). 

Thanks!

E. 

3 Replies

Hey @Stendhala, welcome to the community!

Right now, there isn't a way to remove the username part of the link to the playlists, if you modify it, the link will be broken, and it won't lead to the playlist anymore.

The only thing I can think of is creating a new Spotify account and replicate the playlist to share it from there.

About not being able to link your Facebook to your account, I suggest making sure there isn't an account already created with your Facebook.

If there is one, you'll need to close it first. Once the account is closed, you'll be able to link your Facebook profile to your Spotify account following these steps.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi, Thanks for the answer! My Facebook is not connected to any other Spotify account, so I don’t know where the error message could come from.. I would like to transfer the playlist to another account if possible. Would I still be able to keep my current account? Or transfer everything to a new account? If the premium subscription can also be transferred that would be nice 🙂  Thanks!  Stendhala 

Hey @Stendhala, sorry for the delay!

If you create a new account, you can make the playlists on the old account as public. This way, you'll be able to look for the old account and create copies of all the playlists you've made.

About the Premium subscription, the support team can't move your payment details to a new account, so you'll need to resubscribe.

I suggest waiting until the last month of Premium you paid for on the old account is over before signing up to a new one. You can find all the info on how to cancel a subscription here.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts