Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I respond to a delete account request?

How do I respond to a delete account request?

Hi, 

I sent a delete account request to Spotify and near the end of the email, it says: 

"Once we get a confirmation from you, we'll proceed with your request :)" 

the thing is the email does not especify how to confirm request. I would like to know what to do, im quite lost. 

4 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

The confirmation was sent to your email account. On your email, just open the confirmation sent by Spotify and follow the steps to completely close your account.

where is it?

This is the email. 

Hello Alexa,

Thanks for getting in touch. We’re sorry to hear you want to close your Facebook-created account. If there’s anything we can do to convince you to stay, let us know. We’re happy to help.

If you’re sure you want your account closed, just give us a thumbs up so we can proceed.

If you would like your playlists moved to another account, just let us know the new account's username, so we can get them moved before we close this one.

Please note: even after closing your account, your playlists will still be available so that other users can keep following them. To hide your playlists from future followers, before we close your account you can make them private by right-clicking them and selecting Make Secret.

Further, please note that while Spotify will delete your data in accordance with its data retention policies, it may need to retain some of your data for legal or payments purposes.

If you change your mind, get back to us within 7 days of your initial request and we can get your account restored for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Christine

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website?

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571JZTzw:ref

Hi @user-removed,

I'm sorry, it looks like you've contacted Spotify directly through their contact form. My bad. Just reply to the email you received from the Spotify folks you're good with closing your account.

Thanks!

Suggested posts