Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to switch to student rates

How to switch to student rates

Hey, so when I first signed up for spotify I gave my gmail address. Afterward however, i believe i heard that Spotify offers student rates. I tried just switching my email to my .edu email, but that didn't seem to change my rate. Am I correct in thinking there is a student rate, and if so, how do I get my rate changed?

3 Replies

Hi @jasonir, I've moved your post to the more appropriate board, where it'll be easier to obtain help. You can start by trying this. First, you'll want to make sure you're eligible, as student discounts are only available in certain markets, take a look here. If your school is eligible, great! First, cancel your current subscription here: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

You will still have the remaining days on your currently paid month. Then go here and verify your student eligibility, and you'll be able to sign up for a new subscription at the discounted rate.

Hi! I would also like to switch to the student rate-- if I do that will I lose all of the thousands of songs and playlists I've already created on my account?

@1237230201 wrote:

Hi! I would also like to switch to the student rate-- if I do that will I lose all of the thousands of songs and playlists I've already created on my account?

No @1237230201, all the things you've saved to Your Music, as well as your playlists will be saved to your account. 🙂

Suggested posts