Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to transfer my songs to my dad's account?

Is there a way to transfer my songs to my dad's account?

Hello!
So I recently made a spotify account and got tons of new songs, but I can't stand the shuffle feature! My parents don't want to pay for my account so my dad said I can just use his. The thing is, it would take a long time to find all the songs I want. Is there a way to copy my songs and move them to his account?
2 Replies

Hey Tea,

I'm not sure about this one as far as Spotify. Perhaps a staff member will need to advise you.

If you purchased these songs using your account and Spotify does not allow your songs to be played on multiple devices (like iTunes for example), you may just have to be careful not to breach copyright by replicating the songs to your dad's account.

Spotify should be able to tell you the extent of their copyright abilities.

Hope you find the answer you're looking for.

-Bella.

@TeaMerola wrote:
Hello!
So I recently made a spotify account and got tons of new songs, but I can't stand the shuffle feature! My parents don't want to pay for my account so my dad said I can just use his. The thing is, it would take a long time to find all the songs I want. Is there a way to copy my songs and move them to his account?

Hi,

I'm assuming that you've made a number of playlists - is that correct? If you want to access your playlists from another account, right click the desired playlist and hit Copy Spotify URI. Paste this into a text document (or email), and repeat for all desired playlists. Then open these playlists from the new account, and you can save them to Your Music from the new account.

Keep in mind that Spotify accounts are licensed for single users only and cannot have simutaneous listens from two different devices.

Suggested posts