Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out of my account, how to get it back?

Solved!

Locked out of my account, how to get it back?

So, I noticed that someone was using my spotify from an unknown device, i switched to my device but the other person was very persistent on listening aswell. I did the normal thing, changed password, logget out from all devices and all that. I wrote to support to see if they could tell where the other device was connected from, thinking it might be a friend messing with me. 5 minutes goes by and i get a mail that I've canceled my spotify-subscription. I try to get back into my account but no luck. Another 5 minutes goes by and i get a response from support asking for proof of purchase etc. How to show proof and all that now that my email is no longer attached to that account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @merf2,

You can provide the Support team with the requested info by responding to their email. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @merf2,

You can provide the Support team with the requested info by responding to their email. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Yeah I went on and replied to the mail, also re-read the mail and it clearly says that they block anyone from accessing the account (even myself) until i show proof. I was just confused to why my subscription got canceled before I got a reply from support. I assume that spotify canceled the subscription automatically when the account got locked down just for the extra security

Yeah, I believe that's part of the account lockdown process.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts