Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Canadian User - Can't subscribe

Solved!

New Canadian User - Can't subscribe

Hello,

I was just invited to join Spotify from Canada. I set up my account all fine, but when I go to start the free trial I get "Purchase is currently not available" for both Paypal and Credit Card. There was no note saying whether or not Canadians can subscribe yet, so I'm assuming this is a unexpected error.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

65 Replies

Took one week...but finally fix.

Try with no space and all caps

So last night I said I had the issue.. Still have the issue on the web browser.

Was able to do it through the Android App though! Worked. Premium member on my 30 day trial right now 🙂

Give it a go!

Marked as solution

Hi CrossHarez,
Used Google Chrome browser in Incognito mode, entered postal code not in lowercase but without spaces.
I has worked !
Thank You CrossHarez

The issue appears to be fixed now.  I did upper case with a space and it worked.  So don't worry about postal code format any more. 

I have had no reply on my support ticket saying that it is fixed.

I'm still not paying for a subscription. This poor of support for an issue that affected hundreds of users trying to give them money.  Imagine if you have a one off issue after they already have your money?  Or worse, you want to cancel your subscription. Nope, not for me.  I feel sorry for all the future users that are blissfully unaware there is not customer support until they have a problem.

I can't seem to change my spotify to Canada. My Postal Code isnt working apparently. T1J 7Y7

Yeah, it won't accept my post code. I can't enter a space. I tried lower case, I've tried upper case, and it won't let me try it with a space. Tried incognito window on chrome, tried private window on firefox. So far nothing.

Suggested posts