Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound

Solved!

No sound

Hi,

I bought to my son Sami a month of the Spotify $4.95, he suppose to get a FRee month x the trial. Meaning 2 months of the service. Now, after a month using, now I have to pay again? Why?He didn't got his free trial free yet...sami01229 Spotify promised a Free Trail, even I paid a month.how u can help? Thank you very much. [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter] Ms. m.velez

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @sami0129! Welcome to the Spotify Community, :).

Much like @thehidd, I'm sorry to hear you're experienciencing such an issue with the Spotify service. Unfortunately, I'm afraid there won't actually be a lot anyone can do at this point. You could try reaching out to Customer Support as @thehidd had mentioned.

Usually, customers want to try out the service before making any type of payment. Paying in advance does not nor will it guarantee you an automatic free month. In addition, I believe the free trial is only applicable to the Spotify Premium subscription service (the one that costs about $10 a month). 

Now, if I'm understanding everything correctly, you've signed up for Spotify Unlimited. Technically, you're still eligible for a free month of Spotify Premium. After the trial is over, you can discontinue your subscription (make sure you do this well in advance before the trial is over) and revert to paying for the Spotify Unlimited subscription.

Lemme know if this needs some clarification and/or if this has helped in any way, shape, or form.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you experiance difficulties in using Spotify. First of all, never share your personal information such as e-mail address on the public forums - it's just not safe! I'm afraid that you will need to get in touch with the CS team and they will be more than happy to look into this further for you. Please use this online contact formIf you get an automated replay back directing you to the help pages or forums, just ignore it and replay directly to that email. Your second messeage will then for sure reach one of the agents.

Let me know you have any more questions!

Marked as solution

Hi there @sami0129! Welcome to the Spotify Community, :).

Much like @thehidd, I'm sorry to hear you're experienciencing such an issue with the Spotify service. Unfortunately, I'm afraid there won't actually be a lot anyone can do at this point. You could try reaching out to Customer Support as @thehidd had mentioned.

Usually, customers want to try out the service before making any type of payment. Paying in advance does not nor will it guarantee you an automatic free month. In addition, I believe the free trial is only applicable to the Spotify Premium subscription service (the one that costs about $10 a month). 

Now, if I'm understanding everything correctly, you've signed up for Spotify Unlimited. Technically, you're still eligible for a free month of Spotify Premium. After the trial is over, you can discontinue your subscription (make sure you do this well in advance before the trial is over) and revert to paying for the Spotify Unlimited subscription.

Lemme know if this needs some clarification and/or if this has helped in any way, shape, or form.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hey 🙂 

Just to let you know I have removed your email address from your post, purely to protect your own privacy from spammers here in the public domain. 

As @thehidd and @MikeyB said above, getting in touch with the team directly is most likely the best thing to do. However, as was outlined above the 30 day free trial is only creditable on Spotify Premium subscriptions, which normally cost $9.99 a month, so if you have signed up for unlimited you do not qualify for that free month. 

Unlimited subscribers also do not qualify for the 30 day free trial if they cancel and then try and resubscribe, since the system will only let you have the free trial if you have never had an active subscription before. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts